I am deeply interested in the application of statistical mechanics to differents areas of physics, with an emphasis in condensed matter. During my Ph.D., I studied the dynamics and thermodynamics of spin ice and related systems. Now, in addition to continuing with this topic, I am working on the development of novel numerical models to simulate and analyze domain-wall dynamics in ferromagnets and ferrimagnets.
Papers and pre-prints
- P. C. Guruciaga, N. B. Caballero, V. Jeudy, J. Curiale and S. Bustingorry. Ginzburg-Landau micromagnetic model to study domain wall dynamics in thin ferromagnetic systems.
- V. Cathelin, E. Lefrançois, J. Robert, P. C. Guruciaga, P. C. W. Holdsworth, C. Paulsen, D. Prabhakaran, P. Lejay, F. Damay, J. Ollivier, B. Fåk, L. C. Chapon, R. Ballou, V. Simonet, and E. Lhotel. Long-range interactions in magnetically fragmented Dy pyrochlore iridate.
Submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.
- P. C. Guruciaga and R. A. Borzi. Monte Carlo study on the detection of classical order by disorder in real antiferromagnetic Ising pyrochlores.
Phys. Rev. B 100 (17 2019), p. 174404. arXiv:1903.09716 [cond-mat.stat-mech]
- P. C. Guruciaga, M. Tarzia, M. V. Ferreyra, L. F. Cugliandolo, S. A. Grigera, and R. A. Borzi. Field-tuned order by disorder in frustrated Ising magnets with antiferromagnetic interactions.
Phys. Rev. Lett. 117 (16 2016), p. 167203. arXiv:1606.02972 [cond-mat.stat-mech]
- P. C. Guruciaga, S. A. Grigera, and R. A. Borzi. Monopole ordered phases in dipolar and nearest-neighbors Ising pyrochlore: From spin ice to the all-in--all-out antiferromagnet.
Phys. Rev. B 90 (18 2014), p. 184423. arXiv:1409.5380 [cond-mat.stat-mech]
Presentations in conferences or seminars (some)