Scoutbook is the Pack Management system we use to manage our membership information, attendance, and advancement. The system is used by parents to log their scouts' achievements outside of den meetings, such as adventure loop requirements, by den leaders to log scouts' attendance and achievements during den meetings, and by pack leaders to manage advancement and membership.
A few facts about Scoutbook:
- Scoutbook is web-based. There is no software to install...all you need is a computer with a browser and access to the web to use the system. Just point your browser to www.scoutbook.com.
- Scoutbook can be updated by both parents and Den Leaders. This means an end to manual spreadsheet updates for achievements. When the Scouts complete an activity outside of a den meeting, parents can go online to view and update the status of the various achievements, electives, and other awards. Den Leaders can update these activities that are completed in den meetings.
- Scoutbook provides advancement reports to Den and Pack Leaders. This will improve the accuracy and timeliness of the awards and recognition that the scouts have earned. When the Scout has met the requirements for adventure loop, adventure pin, rank or other award, the Den Leader and Pack Leader sees it on a report and can make sure it is ordered/purchased, and that the Scout receives it at the next Den or Pack meeting, as appropriate.
- Scoutbook keeps you in touch and informed. This means that you will not miss important dates and announcements. The calendar can also display scouts' birthdays! Using Scoutbook, you can email the members of your Den, the Den or Pack leaders, update your scout's membership record, and view or print a Den Roster or Pack Directory. There is also a calendar and forum feature where you can view the schedule and announcements for your den and the pack. Calendar events can be set up by the Den and Pack Leaders to provide email reminders, if desired.
- Scoutbook even has an app. The Scouting App is designed just for parents as a quick way to track your Scout's advancement. With one click, you can see how your Scout is advancing and even mark requirements complete for a Den Leader to review as you do stuff as a family! Go to the IOS or Android App store to download it today!
So, how do you get started?
An email will be sent from the Scoutbook system to the email addresses on file for each parent in the Pack. If you do NOT receive this email, please check your Deleted Items, Junk Mail, or Spam folder. The email is generated by something called a "mailbot", which some email programs identify as unwanted mail. If you find the email in one of these folders, you will need to mark this email sender as a trusted sender or "Not Spam" -- this is called different things, depending on your email program. Once you find the email, you will need to activate your account in Scoutbook and connect to your Scout's account.