How can I Volunteer?
Become a Trained Leader
Parents are the lifeblood of our pack. Without them, our program would be limited and our Scouts would be missing out on the fun.
It is very easy to become a Trained Leader in our pack. ALL the required training can be taken online - so you can take the training at your own pace.
Steps to becoming a registered leader
- Talk to a current leader (Cubmaster, Pack Trainer, Committee Chair, Den Leader) about your willingness to help.
- Discuss which role would best fit your talents and comfort level.
- Complete the online Youth Protection Training.
- Complete the BSA on-line application.
- Complete the online Position Specific Training.
If you don't have time or don't want to be a registered leader, Pack 13 can still use your help! We are always looking for volunteers to help with various Pack activities. There are several major events each year managed by an event chair and there are lots of opportunities to help out.
Here are some of the events you can volunteer to help with:
- Pack Overnighters (camping) (Oct & May)
- Buddy Poppy Days (Nov & May)
- Bowl-a-thon (fundraiser) (Nov)
- Holiday Potluck (Dec)
- Pinewood Derby (Jan)
- Blue & Gold Banquet (Feb)
- Burg Rieneck Trip (Mar)
- Crossover Ceremony (May)
- Pack Summertime Activities (Jun, Jul & Aug)
All your volunteer hours are also tracked in the US Army Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS).