The mission statement of the Oconomowoc Woman’s Club is to better ourselves, our community and our country through volunteering.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs was organized in New York in 1889. Clubs spread across the United States. In 1896, the Wisconsin Federation of Women’s Clubs was chartered and convened for the first time in October at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. Our GFWC / WFWC Oconomowoc Woman's Club was organized in August of 1949. The average membership has been about 85 women.
The club works through five departments: The Arts, Conservation, Education, International Affairs and Public Affairs to address issues of importance in our community, state and world. Our motto is “Unity in Diversity.” Club members are able to choose programs and projects suited to their interests.
Starting in 1949, the OWC has made many achievements in various areas. We are devoted to improving the lives of adults and children with educational scholarships and donations to organizations that help them.
Members are required to actively participate on two club projects or contribute financially to two projects during the club year.