We are a collective of program administrators, teaching artists, executive directors, district staff, and funders working to strengthen the arts education ecosystem through collaborative partnerships between local community arts organizations and Oakland Unified School District public schools.
Our Monthly MeetingsOakland Unified Arts Partners meets monthly on the 4th Thursday of the month from 10:00AM - 11:30AM at the Junior Center of Art and Science. There's always music, snacks, and coffee. Past meetings have included teaching artists, program staff, funders, and District Visual and Performing Arts Office staff.
Advocating for Oakland Arts Education Funding
We work to ensure the sustainability of Oakland's emerging artists and legacy arts organizations.
Who is Involved?
Our monthly meetings are open to any community arts organization, funder or group actively working to ensure that all Oakland young people have access to the arts through their public schools.
List of Past Partners
Community Arts Organizations
• Axis Dance
• Attitudinal Healing Connection
• Cal Shakes
• The Crucible
• Destiny Arts Center
• Junior Center of Art & Science
• Museum of Children's Art (MOCHA)
• Oakland Public Conservatory
• Oakland Symphony – MUSE Program
• Oakland Youth Chorus
• Prescott Circus Theater
• ProArts Gallery
• Reel Stories
• SF Jazz
• Word for Word
• Youth Speaks
• Young Audiences of Northern California
Oakland Unified Schools
• OUSD Visual and Performing Arts Office
• Redwood Heights Elementary
• Community United Elementary
• Life Academy
Funders & Local Supporting Arts Organizations
• Arts Education Alliance of the Bay Area (AEABA)
• Art for Oakland Kids
• City of Oakland, Arts & Culture
• Emerging Arts Professionals
• Teaching Artist Guild (TAG)