Special Education Parent Advisory Group
The Special Education Parent Advisory Group, SE-PAG, is a group of parents and educators working together to help children with special education needs in the North Warren Regional School District and its sending districts. The group is in place for parents new to special education or those who just want to know a little more about the processes of identification, evaluation, Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE), and inclusion and parental rights, along with other valuable information about a variety of topics relevant to parents and families of students with disabilities. We welcome the participation of all parents on an ongoing basis or only when a topic is of interest.
The SE-PAG works for the understanding of, respect for, and support of all children with special needs in our community. To that end, the SE-PAG will work to:
- Promote a network of parents of children with special needs in our district and throughout the region and provide a forum to share information
- Provide a series of informational meetings on topics of interest for families of students who receive special education and/or educational support services
- Facilitate communication between parents and educators of students with special needs
- Promote and support an innovative educational environment where children with special needs have equal access to educational opportunities and a school and community environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential
- Promote the inclusion of our children with special needs in extra-curricular activities.
Public Meeting Dates
- November 27, 2018 at Blairstown Elementary School
- March 5, 2019 at Frelinghuysen Elementary School
- April 16, 2019 at North Warren Regional School