North West pro-European Network
What is this website?
This site is one of a set of sites intended to cover the whole of the UK (index page) to help you find and work with the relevant pro-Europe groups in your area. So it is part of UKPEN.eu. You can navigate to your area using the drop-down menus at the top right (PC) or top left (mobile devices). Please send any comments or requests for editing permissions to nwproeurnet at gmail.com
What is it for?
The idea behind this work is that we need to see who we are, where we are and who our neighbours are. This is essential to plug the gaps in our network and to be ready for any new chance to vote. The constituency pages (there's an example of a relatively well filled out constituency page here - Copeland) are supposed to help everyone get to grips with
- the important task of corresponding with MPs to make our wishes and feelings known. You can get help doing this either through the national campaigns Represent Us, and Best for Britain, or by plugging in to their targeted operations in particular constituencies, and throughout constituencies in this part of the UK.
- developing maps right down to ward level to help activists cover their streets with leaflets and door to door conversations, and to keep a log of where they have been and where they have not been, whichever organisation or group they are working for. These resources can be held off this site, but the more linked up they are here, the more they can be shared across different groups working in the same area.
How do I use it?
To find what constituency you live in use this tool: https://mapit.mysociety.org/. The constituency index page lists the constituencies alphabetically and by area. It can be used to navigate through to area and individual constituency pages. There are also links to lists on spreadsheets which can be used to help divide up the task of posting messages and news on all the Facebook groups throughout the region. Join your constituency group and start work for Europe! Join your national or area group to take part in events and discussions. The main national or area groups in the South West are listed below, for more local groups follow the links to sub-pages.
To get alerts on your MP's activity in Westminster use "They work for you" https://www.theyworkforyou.com/alert/
In the North West there are three Counties, two Metropolitan Counties, and 75 Westminster constituencies.
Groups serving the whole region:
- The 48% North West Groups Index https://www.facebook.com/groups/127014317777449/
- The 48% North West Groups Discussion https://www.facebook.com/groups/249226985552611/
- North West for Europe https://www.facebook.com/groups/NWforEurope/ (343) , https://www.facebook.com/NW4EU/
- The regional coordinator for the North West for the New Europeans is: Tim Beyer Helm
- Best for Britain - Merseyside/Greater Manchester/Lancashire: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1979219032346321/ (98)
The region is organised here in four areas (member numbers as of March 2018)
European Movement Branch: Forward in Europe Cumbria and North Lancs https://www.facebook.com/forwardineurope/ http://www.europeanmovement.co.uk/cumbria_north_lancashire_branch
- The 48% Westmorland and Lonsdale https://www.facebook.com/groups/1746915178902077/ (54)
- Open Britain West Cumbria: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lancaster for Europe https://www.facebook.com/groups/1150271645010859/ (266) https://www.facebook.com/lancseu/ (168 followers)
- West Lancashire for Europe https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestLancashireForEurope/ (15)
- YEM Lancaster https://www.facebook.com/yemlancaster/
(5 Metropolitan Districts, 15 constituencies)
- Liverpool for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1842435342645856/ (587)
- Open Britain Sefton https://www.facebook.com/groups/openbritainsefton/ (74)
- Southport for Europe : https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthportForEurope/ (147)
- Pro EU Events in Merseyside and Liverpool City Region: https://www.facebook.com/ProEUeventsMerseyside/ (230 followers)
- Young European Movement Merseyside: https://www.facebook.com/youngeuromoveMER/
- Manchester for Europe : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ManchesterforEurope/ (900 ) https://www.facebook.com/groups/Man... https://twitter.com/mcr4eu
- Manchester Youth for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1652668665021767/ (158)
- The 48%+ Manchester (54) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1675361356114930/
- The 48% Greater Manchester https://www.facebook.com/groups/994344264000204/ (167)
- 48 and Beyond Manchester (7 members Jan 2017) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1088201271273022
- Open Britain Greater Manchester South https://www.facebook.com/groups/OpenBritainGMS/ (48)
- The3million - Manchester https://www.facebook.com/groups/1454925024531154/ (807)
- Manchester Universities for Europe https://www.facebook.com/groups/MU4EU/ (110)
- European Movement Macclesfield & East Cheshire : https://www.facebook.com/EUmoveMACC/ ; Instagram: eumovemacc; Twitter: @EUmoveMACC, @EMSouthCheshire, @Wilmslow4Europe email@example.com Chester for Europe - https://www.facebook.com/chesterforeurope/
- Stockport for Europe
- Warrington for Europe - https://www.facebook.com/WarringtonForEU ; https://twitter.com/warringtonforeu
- Chester for Europe - https://chesterforeurope.org; https://twitter.com/chesterforeu
- People's Vote Eddisbury
- South Cheshire for Europe
- Wilmslow for Europe
- Best for Britain - [West Midlands and] Cheshire: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1984708798453374/ (111)
- Young European Movement Chester: https://www.facebook.com/YEMChester/
- YEM Macclesfield https://www.facebook.com/EUmoveMACC/
- Wrexham and Chester Pro-Europeans https://www.facebook.com/groups/485210735178906/ (32)
Covering the whole of the North West Region there is a closed Facebook Group for "events and plans".
As the group's description states: "This group is for Remain supporters and European friends based in the North West of England. Many of the larger towns and cities have their own groups. There is a list of local groups:[https://www.facebook.com/notes/714801352028655/North%20West%20FB%20Groups/720125891496201/]
This group will aim to promote the main activities of all of these groups in one place."
For identifying the other groups there is also one of a series of 48% index groups in a public group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/127014317777449/
The regional coordinator for the North West for the New Europeans is: Tim Beyer Helm
Best for Britain chops the North West region into three, combining Cumbria with the North East Region which it calls North and North East. It makes a region of Merseyside Greater Manchester and Lancashire, and it bundles Cheshire with part of the West Midlands. The map is here
Represent Us Regions include:
- 9 Greater Manchester - West (13 constituencies)
- 10 Greater Manchester - East (14 constituencies)
- 14 Lancashire (16 constituencies)
- 20 Merseyside (15 constituencies)
- 21 Cheshire (11 constituencies) and Clwyd
- 22 Cumbria (6 constituencies) and Northumberland
The full list of constituencies in the region is below: