Since January 2017, I am a Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at Swansea University. My research interests are applied algebraic geometry, and commutative algebra, in particular, their applications for solving problems arising in geometric modeling and Computer Aided Geometric Design (CAGD). Here is a list of my publications (with abstracts). Previously, from 2013 to 2017, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Group of Symbolic Computation at RICAM, in Linz, Austria.
Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway, 2012.
M.Sc., Mathematics, University of Bordeaux 1, France, 2007
Leiden University, The Netherlands, 2006
Erasmus Mundus Master ALGANT: ALgebra, Geometry And Number Theory.
B.Sc., Mathematics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, 2005.
*I also studied Microbiology for one year (2000-2001) at the Universidad de Pamplona, Colombia.
- Isogeometric Splines: Theory and Applications, Banff International Research Station, Alberta, Canada, February 24 - March 1, 2019.
- Applied and Computational Geometry, Centre for Geometry and Applications, Loughborough University, September 12-14, 2018.
- LMS Applied Algebra and Geometry, Swansea University, September 10, 2018 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- Curves and Surfaces 2018, Arcachon, France, June 28 to July 4, 2018.
- 6th Encuentro Colombiano de Combinatoria, Barranquilla, Colombia, June 4-15, 2018 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- Crash course on Algebraic Spline Geometry, Loughborough University, April 20, 2018.
- Computational and Geometric Design, Optimization, and Optimal control, Del Rosario University, Bogotá, Colombia, April 3, 2018.
- Applied Algebra and Combinatorics (LMS, celebrating new appointments), Swansea, UK, March 9, 2018 (I am the organizer).
- Toric Degenerations Focused Research Workshop, Bristol, UK, August 21-24, 2017.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, July 31-August 4, 2017 (slides).
- SoapboxScience 2017 Swansea, Oxford Street SA1 3AE, Swansea, UK, Saturday July 8, 2017.
🎙️ BBC Wales Science Café: iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08x1wrg
- International conference On Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry MEGA2017, Nice, France, June 12-16, 2017.
- Applied Algebra and Geometry, Edinburgh, UK, May 18-19, 2017.
- Applied Algebra and Geometry Inaugural Meeting, Nottingham, UK, February 21, 2017.
- Polar geometry, Oslo, Norway, January 26-28, 2017.
- 1st Doctoral School, ARCADES, Oslo, Norway, November 28 - December 2, 2016.
- BIRS-CMO workshop, Computational Algebra and Geometric Modeling, Oaxaca, México, August 7-12, 2016.
- Coloquio Latinoamericano de Álgebra, Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 25-29, 2016.
- 5th Encuentro Colombiano de Combinatoria & CIMPA Research School: Algebraic, Enumerative and Geometric Combinatorics - ECCO 2016, Medellín, Colombia, June 13-24, 2016 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- 15th International Conference Approximation Theory, San Antonio, Texas, USA, May 22-25, 2016.
- CIMPA-ICTP Research School Toric methods in geometry, arithmetics, and dynamics, Santiago, Chile, January 11-22, 2016.
- XX Congreso Colombiano de Matemáticas, Manizales, Colombia, July 21-24, 2015.
- MEGA 2015 Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry, Trento, Italy, June 15-19, 2015.
- Workshop on Multivariate Splines and Algebraic Geometry, Oberwolfach, Germany, April 19-25, 2015.