Conferences / Community / Contributions
Large-scale multi-day or multi-track events. Ideally with peer-reviewed talk selections and focus on advanced topics and audiences. Conference attendance estimates given (if known).
- Sep | The Pharos of PWA: Deconstructing a Lighthouse Audit | EmpireJS, Sep 20-21, New York, NY. (200+ expected)
- Aug | Get Animated With Flutter | DroidCon NYC, Aug 27-28, New York, NY. (800+ attendees) | slides
- Aug | Self Care For Developers: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Android Summit, Aug 16, Washington DC. (200+ attendees) | slides
- Jul | Building a Performant Cross-Platform Mobile UI with Flutter | O'Reilly OSCON, Jul 16-19, Portland, OR. (5000+ attendees) | slides
- Jun | PWAs & Polymer: Let's Prototype a Modern Web App | MongoDB World , Jun 26-27, New York, NY. (2000+ attendees)
- Jun | Web Components: From Why to Why Now! | BuzzJS, NYC, Jun 14-15, New York, NY. (200+ attendees)
- May | Scaling Community Engagement with Slack, Social Media & Storytelling / Global GDG Summit, May 7, Mountain View, CA. (600+ attendees)
- May | Representation Matters: Rebuilding a Community | North America GDG Summit, May 5-6, Mountain View, CA. (200+ attendees)
- Apr | One Codebase, Two Apps, All Flutter! | IWD NYC, Apr 21, New York, NY. (100+ attendees)
- Apr | Representation Matters | Togetherfest NY, Apr 19-20, New York, NY(200+ attendees)
- Jan | First Flutter, Then Fly | WindyCity DevFest, Chicago, IL. (200+ attendees) | video, slides
- Nov | Pragmatic Machine Learning | DevFest Florida, Nov 12, Orlando, FL. (200+ attendees) | slides
- Nov | Data On Fire: Building real-time apps with Firebase | DevFest Montreal, Nov 18, Montreal, Canada. (100+ attendees) | slides
- Oct | Sorry! Not Sorry: From Peer-Approval to Self-Appreciation | ElaConf, Oct 28, Philadelphia, PA. (100+ attendees) | slides
- Apr | Understanding Your User: A Dive into Firebase Analytics | DroidCon Boston, Apr 10, Boston, MA. (200+ attendees) | slides
- Apr | From Interactions to Insight: Data-driven development with Firebase Analytics | Chicago Roboto, Apr 21, Chicago, IL. (200+ attendees) | slides
- Nov | From Make to Monetize: Jumpstart your mobile product with Firebase / DevFest Capital Region (slides, site)
- Sep | Understanding Your User: A Developers's Guide to Firebase Analytics / DroidCon NYC, New York (slides, site)
- Sep | Building Real-Time Reactive Apps for the Modern User / DevFest DC, Washington DC (slides, site)
- Oct | Reactive, Responsive & Real-Time: Building mobile-ready apps with Meteor / Grace Hopper, Houston TX (slides)
- Oct | Yopp! Hackerpreneurism in the Hudson Valley / Catskills Conf, Hudson Valley NY (slides, site)
- Sep | Intro to Polymer & Web Components / DevFest Buffalo, Buffalo NY (slides, site)
- Sep | Material Design: A Developer Perspective / DevFest DC, Washington DC (slides, site)
- Aug | Voice Actions & The Interaction API / DroidCon NYC, NY (slides, site)
- May | GDG Wisdom: The GitBook Initiative / GDG Global Summit, Mountain View CA (slides)
- Mar | An Introduction to Polymer / IWD NYC 2015, New York (slides, site)
- Apr | GDG Review: New York / GDG North America Summit, Mountain View CA (slides)
(to be completed..)
Local meetups, universities, small teams or companies. Ideally with a focus on creating awareness or advancing learning within the community.
- 06/30 - Flutter On Fire / FlutterCamp @GDG NYC (site / 125+ ppl)
- 06/04 - Flutter For Mobile Developers / GDG NYC IO-Extended (site / 125+ ppl)
- 05/16 - Flutter for Mobile Developers / Sharatoga TechTalks Meetup (site / 25+ ppl)
- 04/02 - TensorFlow DevSummit Recap / GDG NYC TFDS-Extended (site / slides / 125+ ppl)
- 03/03 - Tech Speaking: Confs & Strategies / Global Diversity CFPDay NYC (site / slides / 100+ ppl)
- 01/2017 - Full Stack Dev with Firebase: Rapid Prototyping with Firebase & React / GDG Capital Region (slides)
- 01/2014 - Dart Flight School / GDG NYC (slides)
(to be completed..)
Supporting community or conference events in a non-speaker capacity e.g., by reviewing papers, hosting sessions, mentoring or judging hackathons, or organizing a community-focused session.
- 2019 DroidCon Boston / Organizing Committee
- 2018 DroidCon SF / Program Committee
- 2018 DroidCon NYC / Program Committee
- 2018 O'Reilly OSCON / Session Host (step-in)
- 2017 O'Reilly AI NY / Session Host
- 2017 O'Reilly Velocity NY / Community Partner (Special Event)
- 2017 O'Reilly Strata NY / Session Host
- 2017 Hack Upstate 1X / Judge
- 2016 O'Reilly Strata NY / Session Host
- 2016 SheHacks NYC / Hackathon Mentor
- 2016 Startup Weekend EDU NYC / Hackathon Mentor
- 2015 Meteor Global Distributed Hackathon / Judge
- 2015 SheHacks NYC / Hackathon Mentor
- 2014 Wearables Workshop @WeCode Unconference / Organizer & Panel Moderator
(to be continued..)
Tracking events (meetups, conferences & online training) that I am confirmed for (i.e., organizing, speaking at, attending) or considering (tentative plans) in the upcoming months. If I am in your region, I'd love to meet peer developers, technology & community professionals.
- Sep 10 | meetup | Flutter Study Jams Kickoff @GDGNYC, New York, NY.
- Sep 17 | conf | North America GDE Summit, Waterloo, CA.
- Sep 19 | conf | EmpireJS, New York City, NY.
- Oct 01 | meetup | Flutter Study Jams Showcase @GDGNYC, New York, NY
- Oct 13 | conf | WTM Summit, New York, NY.
- Oct 19 | training | Safari Live Online 12-3pm PST
- Oct 27 | conf | DevFest New Haven, CT.
- Nov 05 | meetup | Firebase Summit Extended @GDGNYC, New York, NY
- Nov 16 | training | Safari Live Online 12-3pm PST
- Dec 03 | meetup | Festive Meetup @GDGNYC, New York, NY
- Dec 17 | training | Safari Live Online 1-4pm PST
- Oct 29 | conf | Firebase Summit, Prague, CZ.
- Nov 10 | conf | Global GDE Summit, Mountain View CA
- Nov 12 | conf | Chrome Dev Summit, Mountain View CA
- Nov 17 | conf | DevFest New Brunswick, NJ
- Dec 01 | conf | DevFest Bronx, NY
- Dec 08 | conf | DevFestNYC: FlutterFire Hackathon ??
- Jan 19 | conf | DevFest Florida, Orlando, FL.
- Jan 26 | conf | IoT DevFest, Phoenix, AZ.
- Feb 01 | conf | WindyCity DevFest, Chicago IL.
- Mar 26 | conf | DroidCon Boston, Boston MA.
(to be completed..)