All of Bayesian Nonparametrics
(ESPECIALLY THE USEFUL BITS)
Overview. The BNP@NIPS 2018 workshop will highlight recent advances in modeling and computation through the lens of applied, domain-driven problems that require the infinite flexibility and interpretability of Bayesian Nonparametrics (BNP). The workshop will consist of lively poster sessions, contributed and invited talks, and expert panel discussions. Through these activities, we hope to highlight cutting-edge advances in modeling and inference while also addressing the limitations of existing methods and identifying key open problems for future research. A major focus of the workshop will be to expose participants to practical software tools for performing Bayesian nonparametric analyses.
The workshop will take place on Friday December 7, 2018 at NIPS 2018.
- We will close submissions after the Round 1 deadline, and reopen EasyChair after 10/21/18 for Round 2 submissions.
- Round 1 Deadline Extended to Thursday 10/11/18. We strongly recommend submitting to Round 1 if you need a NIPS workshop registration. We ask that authors indicate in the submission whether the presenting author needs a workshop registration. See Call for Papers for updated instructions.
- Call for Papers with submission information posted
Invited Speakers and Panelists
- Hamsa Balakrishnan (MIT)
- Benjamin Bloem-Reddy (Oxford)
- Allison Chaney (Princeton)
- Joseph Futoma (Harvard)
- Barbara Engelhardt (Princeton)
- Tom Griffiths (Princeton)
- Neil Lawrence (Amazon & U of Sheffield)
- Hanna Wallach (Microsoft Research)
- Sinead Williamson (UT Austin)
- David Duvenaud (U of Toronto)
- Matt Hoffman (Google)
- Ben Letham (Facebook)
- Dustin Tran (Columbia & Google)
- Aki Vehtari (Aalto University)
Lunch Session Software Tutorial:
TensorFlow Probability Tutorial - Matt Hoffman (Google)
Lunch will be provided.