- Yang Li. (2012). Gesture Search: Random Access to Smartphone Content. IEEE Pervasive Computing, 11, 1, 10-13. January-March.
- Bill Buxton. (2010). A Touching Story: A Personal Perspective on the History of Touch Interfaces Past and Future. Society for Information Display (SID) Symposium, May 2010, Volume 41(1), Session 31, 444-448.
- Victor, B. (2011). A brief rant on the future of interaction design. Web site, last visited April, 2016.
- Robinson, S., Marsden, G., & Jones, M. (2014). From touch to feeling. Chapter 2 in There's not an app for that: Mobile user experience design for life. Morgan Kaufmann. (ncsu)
- Donald A. Norman and Jakob Nielsen. 2010. Gestural interfaces: a step backward in usability. interactions 17, 5 (September 2010), 46-49. (ncsu)
- Bill Buxton. (2012). Multi-Touch Systems that I Have Known and Loved. Web site, last update: March 2.
- Kenrick Kin, Björn Hartmann, Tony DeRose, Maneesh Agrawala. (2012). Proton: Multitouch Gestures as Regular Expressions. Proc. ACM CHI, 2885-2894.
- Yang Li. 2010. Gesture search: a tool for fast mobile data access. Proc. ACM symposium on User interface software and technology (UIST). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 87-96.
- Timothy Lee. (2012). If Android is a "stolen product," then so was the iPhone. Ars Technica, February 23.