Welcome to Cub Scout Pack 43
Mt. Zion, Illinois
Popcorn Money Due - Tuesday, November 13
Popcorn Money Due - Tuesday, November 13
- Collection will take place between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church
November Pack Meeting - SPACE DERBY!
- We need 17 volunteers because we're running two tracks simultaneously. Sign up by clicking HERE, or contact Chris Monroe - Derby Chairman via email at email@example.com.
- Space Derby rocket kits are be available from your den leader.
- Scouts pay a $5 deposit fee that is refunded in full by the den leader if the rocket is entered in the race on the 10th.
- Siblings can pay a $5 fee to build their own rocket for a special race for them too!!
- Please be sure you read the information sheet in the rocket kit as well as the Pack 43 race guidelines sheet BEFORE you begin building your rocket!! Please note that the Pack 43 rules have not been printed and included with your kit. They are delivered electronically ONLY at the below link.
- Pack 43 rules can be found at THIS LINK
2019 BSA National Dues are Now Due!
- New Scouts who joined in Aug-Sept 2018 have already paid for 2018-2019 - no additional dues are required at this time!
- Returning Scouts (were Scouts in 2017-2018) owe dues for 2018 at this time.
- Deadline for dues to be paid is December 4th at the December Pack Meeting, but we highly encourage you to pay early!
- $34 - basic dues (includes insurance) or
- $46 - including Boys Life Subscription
- Fees are paid in full to BSA National - Pack 43 does not retain any of these amounts
- If you earned free BSA dues through our Pack 43 Popcorn Sale Prize Program, you have the option of paying for ONLY the optional Boy's Life Subscription of $12, should your scout want that subscription.
- Online payment is preferred. You can pay with any major credit/debit card with or without a PayPal account by choosing your options on this page. Please note that this works best from a mobile device or Chrome browser. You will have the option to change your quantity if paying for more than one Scout!
- Cash or Checks made payable to Pack 43 can be given to your den leader
Judy Mason Thanksgiving Baskets Project
- This is a yearly service project Pack 43 has participated in for many years!
- Sunday, November 18 at 3:00 p.m.
- Location is the old Sears building at the Hickory Point Mall
- NO MONEY IS COLLECTED AT THE EVENT!
- You are only volunteering your time to help fill the boxes with food.
- Scouts will receive a special service bead for their belt totems.
- Recommend arriving 15-25 minutes early to find parking and then find the Pack 43 group - this is a very large event.
- Check in with the Pack 43 Leader when you arrive (Clint Ashmore).
You can make tax-deductible donations online at www.feed5for25.com (JMTBP is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization eligible for matching gifts from your employer). A donation of $25 feeds a family of 5 a full Thanksgiving dinner!
2018 Mt. Zion Christmas Parade
- Saturday, December 1st, 2018
- Gather at Fletcher Park for lighting of the Village Christmas Tree (across from Mt. Zion Intermediate) at 5:30 p.m. - parade will start promptly after the tree lighting!
- Scouts will walk parade route as a group. Bringing candy to share with everyone watching the parade is optional!
- Parade will end at the Mt. Zion Fire Department with free hot cocoa and cookies!
- Meet SANTA!!
December Pack Meeting - Chili Supper & Christmas Cookie Party
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (NOTE earlier start time to Pack Meeting due to meal being served)
- Location TBA
- Pack 43 provides chili, hot dogs, buns, table service & bottled water.
- FAMILIES BRING -
- Pack 43 will provide drinks this year (bottled water) - no need to bring drinks this year!!
- 2 dozen Christmas cookies (preferably homemade)- cookies are shared for dessert and all left-over cookies are distributed to local nursing homes, police station, fire station, VFW, churches and more as a Pack service project!
- Popcorn sales prizes will be available for Scouts to pick up after the Pack Meeting.
- Trophies for top sellers in Pack 43.
- Travelling trophy for Den with the top sales average per Scout.
- Lincoln Trails Council travelling trophy for top sales in the Council!
Pack 43 Family Ice Skating Night
- Sunday, December 9, 2018 at Decatur Civic Center
- 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Try to arrive by 6:00 pm to avoid the line to get your skates!
- Pack 43 pays for skate rental fees for all Pack 43 Family members
- Pack 43 members only, please no friends or guests
January Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Coz's Pizza, 1405 Village Parkway, Mount Zion, IL
- All Pack 43 parents are invited to attend and help us plan our program and upcoming events!
- All dens should be represented by a den leader, assistant den leader or parent(s).
Would you like to order a Pack 43 Activity ("Class B") uniform T-shirt? We have some in stock for purchase! For your convenience, you can now place and pay for your order online by clicking HERE. We will not be placing another order this year, so selections will be limited to in-stock items only. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, we will have the shirts available at each pack meeting for walk-up sales. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a committee member!
Pack 43 is entirely comprised of parent volunteers. While we strive to always have the best activities possible we cannot succeed without the parents who selflessly give their time. We welcome your feedback but we would also welcome your help. If you can help at any event(s) that interest you or if you have experience that would help our leadership team please let us know!
Please click here, or the image to the left to submit your feedback to our leadership!