Welcome to Cub Scout Pack 43
Mt. Zion, Illinois
The 2018 Popcorn Sale is over and WE DID GREAT!!
Help keep Scouting in Pack 43 FREE!!
For 2018, Cub Scout Pack 43 has set a new sales record with total sales of $67,590! GREAT JOB CUB SCOUTS AND FAMILIES!! Full details and statistics have been emailed to all Pack 43 families.
Popcorn Pickup Day is next! - Saturday, October 27 - 10:00 a.m. at Pony Express Grounds
- Enter through the SOUTH entrance (see map to the left)
Popcorn Money Due - Tuesday, November 13
- Collection will take place between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm at United Methodist Church
November Pack Meeting - SPACE DERBY!
- We need 17 volunteers because we're running two tracks simultaneously. Contact Chris Monroe - Derby Chairman via email at email@example.com.
- Space Derby rocket kits are be available from your den leader.
- Scouts pay a $5 deposit fee that is refunded in full by the den leader if the rocket is entered in the race on the 10th.
- Siblings can pay a $5 fee to build their own rocket for a special race for them too!!
- Please be sure you read the information sheet in the rocket kit as well as the Pack 43 race guidelines sheet BEFORE you begin building your rocket!! Please note that the Pack 43 rules have not been printed and included with your kit. They are delivered electronically ONLY at the below link.
- Pack 43 rules can be found at THIS LINK
Judy Mason Thanksgiving Baskets Project
- This is a yearly service project Pack 43 has participated in for many years!
- Sunday, November 18 at 3:00 p.m.
- Location is the old Sears building at the Hickory Point Mall
- NO MONEY IS COLLECTED AT THE EVENT!
- You are only volunteering your time to help fill the boxes with food.
- Scouts will receive a special service bead for their belt totems.
- Recommend arriving 15-25 minutes early to find parking and then find the Pack 43 group - this is a very large event.
- Check in with the Pack 43 Leader when you arrive (Clint Ashmore).
You can make tax-deductible donations online at www.feed5for25.com (JMTBP is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization eligible for matching gifts from your employer). A donation of $25 feeds a family of 5 a full Thanksgiving dinner!
November Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at Coz's Pizza, 1405 Village Parkway, Mount Zion, IL
- All Pack 43 parents are invited to attend and help us plan our program and upcoming events!
- All dens should be represented by a den leader, assistant den leader or parent(s).
Would you like to order a Pack 43 Activity ("Class B") uniform T-shirt? We have some in stock for purchase! For your convenience, you can now place and pay for your order online by clicking HERE. We will not be placing another order this year, so selections will be limited to in-stock items only. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, we will have the shirts available at each pack meeting for walk-up sales. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a committee member!
Pack 43 is entirely comprised of parent volunteers. While we strive to always have the best activities possible we cannot succeed without the parents who selflessly give their time. We welcome your feedback but we would also welcome your help. If you can help at any event(s) that interest you or if you have experience that would help our leadership team please let us know!
Please click here, or the image to the left to submit your feedback to our leadership!