Welcome to Cub Scout Pack 43
Mt. Zion, Illinois
Welcome to Scouting for 2018-2019
FALL RECRUITING IS HERE!
- School Talks will be held Tuesday, August 21 at Mt Zion Grade School and we will be at McGaughey Orientation August 16th!
- Pack 43 representatives will be at the grade schools to talk to all boys and girls about Cub Scouting.
- Boys and girls should bring home a flyer with more information about Cub Scouting and our "Come Join Us" Night on Tuesday, the 21st.
- Check backpacks that Tuesday for more information!!
- "Come Join Us" Night is Thursday, August 23 at 6:30 p.m. at Mt. Zion Grade School Gym. A map to Mt. Zion Grade can be found at http://mtzgrade.pack43.info.
- Come out on Thursday night the 23th to learn more about Cub Scouting and Pack 43.
- This event is open to all boys & girls in the 1st - 5th grades.
- This is a great opportunity to see more about what we are all about and ask all your questions!
- This event is geared toward *new* Cub Scouts - current Pack 43 Cub Scouts do not need to attend, unless they would like to bring a friend and introduce them to Cub Scouting (see the Recruiter Badge below)!
- NEW TIGER NIGHT is Tuesday, August 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church
- This is to introduce new tigers and families to our pack and to answer many questions you have regarding the uniform, den meetings, etc. You will also hear from den leaders that were new tiger leaders last year to get a picture of what the tiger year looks like for the boys.
Email Pack43CommitteeChair@gmail.com with any questions you might have about Pack 43.
Current Pack 43 Cub Scouts -
Earn your "Recruiter" Badge!!
- Currently registered Pack 43 Cub Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Cub Scout "Recruiter" badge to wear on their uniforms.
- Just invite a friend who is new to Cub Scouting to Come Join Us Night on August 23. If your friend joins Pack 43, you will be awarded the Recruiter badge to wear on your uniform!
Pack 43 is welcoming Family Scouting!
Are you curious how girls will be integrated into Cub Scouts?
Do you wonder what this means for your family and Scouting around the country?
Watch this great video which explains what's new, what's changing, and what's staying the same!
September Pack Meeting - Welcome / Welcome Back Carnival!
- Tuesday, September 11, 2016
- Check-in is at 5:45 pm at Mount Zion Lion's Club Pavilion - Meeting will start at 6:00 pm.
- (Pony Express Grounds behind the baseball fields off of Traughber Road)
All Pack 43 families are invited to our first Pack Meeting of the 2018-2019 Scouting year!!
Activities will include:
- Awards and advancements from summer activities
- Summer Camp recognitions
- Service Project recognitions
- Popcorn samples for the upcoming popcorn sale
- Ice cream
- Boy Scout Troop 43 swinging bridge obstacle
- The Amazing Dudley Magic Show
- Carnival games
- And much more!!
October Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at Coz's Pizza, 1405 Village Parkway, Mount Zion, IL
- All Pack 43 parents are invited to attend and help us plan our program and upcoming events!
- All dens should be represented by a den leader, assistant den leader or parent(s).
Have Questions about the Cub Scout Uniform?
- The Lincoln Trails Council Service Center has special hours in September for all your Scout Stuff needs!
- Normal Store Hours -
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Special Saturday hours -
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Sept. 15 in Decatur
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Sept. 29 at RFSR Trading Post during Bobcat Bootcamp
Would you like to order a Pack 43 Activity ("Class B") uniform T-shirt? We have some in stock for purchase! For your convenience, you can now place and pay for your order online by clicking HERE. We will not be placing another order this year, so selections will be limited to in-stock items only. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, we will have the shirts available at each pack meeting for walk-up sales. Any questions, please email email@example.com or ask a committee member!
Pack 43 is entirely comprised of parent volunteers. While we strive to always have the best activities possible we cannot succeed without the parents who selflessly give their time. We welcome your feedback but we would also welcome your help. If you can help at any event(s) that interest you or if you have experience that would help our leadership team please let us know!
Please click here, or the image to the left to submit your feedback to our leadership!