Welcome to Cub Scout Pack 43
Mt. Zion, Illinois
2018 Popcorn Sale is Here!
Help keep Scouting in Pack 43 FREE!!
Each year, Pack 43 spends $125+ per Scout on our programs for the entire year. This means each Scout must sell at least $500 in popcorn to keep Scouting free.
The one sale each year allows Pack 43 to pay for all awards, advancements, badges, pins, etc., as well as the Pack Meeting activities and other special events throughout the year, including summer camps, pinewood derby, fishing derby, space derby, chili supper, Blue & Gold Banquet and many more.
All Pack 43 Scouts are required to sell a minimum of $500 in sales this year. This level of sales is easily achievable in as little as 2-3 hours and by selling approximately 23-25 items! You can achieve sales well over that level by putting in just a bit more effort! It is EASY and you support YOUR PACK and Scouting in our community!
5 out of the last 6 years, your Cub Scout Pack 43 has had the highest level of sales in our Council! Let's stay strong and set the bar!
73% of all sales STAY LOCAL with Pack 43, Railsplitter District and Lincoln Trails Council! Make sure your customers know their purchase impact is huge for our area!!
Important Links -
- Pack 43 Popcorn Sale Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 23 Items $500 Sales Example (YOU CAN DO IT!!)
- Learn from the nation's top selling scout 6 EASY steps to hit and exceed your goal!
- Popcorn Order Form
- Popcorn Products Listing
- Pack 43 Gift Card Sales Incentives*
- Lincoln Trails Council Special Sales Incentives
- Trails End Prize Program*
- Pack 43 Popcorn Sale Kick-Off PowerPoint Presentation (from the September Pack Meeting)
- www.trails-end.com/register - sign up your Scout's account so you can sell ONLINE!
- For a guide on how to complete the online registration, please click HERE. At the end, please be sure to select Lincoln Trails Council, Railsplitter District, and Pack 43 in order to link the account to our unit so that the sales count toward your scout's sales goal!
* Depending on the amount of sales, a Scout can earn prizes in all three prize programs!!
Important Dates -
- Popcorn Orders Due - October 10-11 (times and location TBA for collection)
- Final Date to Submit Orders - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12
- Popcorn Pickup - Saturday, October 27 - 10:00 a.m. at Pony Express Grounds
- Popcorn Money Due - Wednesday, November 14 (time and location TBA for final collection)
Bobcat Bootcamp is Lincoln Trails Council's one-day FREE event for all new 1st-5th Grade Scouts! Cub Scouts and their parents get to spend the day at Rhodes France Scout Reservation (RFSR) in Pana to see what camp is like while working towards their first rank, "Bobcat"! Scouts get the opportunity to shoot BB guns and Archery, take a hike around camp, and experience their first Firebowl! All new scouts are encouraged to visit this annual one-day camp each fall!
The 2018 Bobcat Bootcamp will be taking place on Saturday, September 29th and Sunday, September 30th! Attendees select one of the two days to attend. Mark your calendars and plan to bring new scouts for a day of fun!
There is no fee to attend and each scout will receive a patch!
Each attendee should bring a sack lunch! Parent information sheet can be found HERE.
Click here to register directly with the council! Sign-ups are due no later than September 21st. No late registrations or walk-ins will be allowed. ALL attendees must have a completed BSA Health/Medical record (A/B only). Health form can be downloaded HERE. Map to RFSR is located HERE.
The RFSR Camp Trading Post Store will be open for purchasing books, uniforms, snacks and more!
2018 Pack 43 Fall Family Camp
Who? Pack 43 Cub Scouts & their families
What? Pack 43 Family Overnight Camp (rain or shine)
Where? Camp Warren
When? Saturday & Sunday, October 13-14, 2018
Cost? $20 per person or $75 per family – registration covers
camp site fees, custom dated patch, three meals, table service, Saturday evening fire bowl & cracker barrel and lots of activities & fun!
How do I sign up? Complete the sign-up form HERE. Sign-up Deadline is Oct. 8, 2018!
- Arrive ~9:00 a.m. Saturday to set up camp – lunch & dinner provided on Saturday
- Saturday evening traditional Scouting celebration, activities, snacks & fun!
- Breakfast provided on Sunday morning – break camp late morning on Sunday
- What to bring - tent (no campers), sleeping bags, cots or sleeping pads, pillows, flashlights, lanterns, jackets, raingear, bug spray, outdoor games, chairs and a cooler with drinks for your family.
- Pack 43 provides – 3 full meals total including juice, milk & coffee for Sunday breakfast
- Activities available – work on rank requirements, Cub Scout belt loops, Webelos activity pins, fishing, hiking and more!!
- Committee members and many other adult leaders will be available Saturday morning to assist setting up camp – you do not need to be a camping expert!
- Adult volunteers are needed to help lead Scouting activities
Dress for all camp activities – “Class B” (Pack 43 t-shirt) can be worn by all Scouts, siblings and family members, if available, otherwise outdoor appropriate clothing. Make sure to bring changes of clothing, outerwear and footwear appropriate for camping in an outdoor environment and for the weather, which can be unpredictable. Please check the forecast and bring plenty of clothing for possible cold weather! Field Uniforms (Class A uniforms) should not be worn in this outdoor family setting.
Directions to Camp Warren – directions from Mt Zion United Methodist Church can be found at this link: https://goo.gl/maps/djUAYKWKjFs
Lincoln Trails Council Spookoree Family Camp
- A fall family festival and camp out!
- This is LTC's largest camp of the year and the whole family is invited!
- October 19 - 21, 2018
- Registration deadline is September 21!
- Rhodes France Scout Reservation, Pana, IL
- Flyer is available at THIS LINK
- Scouts will get to shoot BB guns and archery while family members will get to participate in crafts, games & plenty of fun!
- Spookoree t-shirts ($15), long sleeved t-shirts ($22) & sweatshirts ($30) are available for pre-purchase only by the September 21st deadline!
- Registration fee ($35 per person) is for all attendees and includes meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday, program materials, special camp patch and camp mug.
- No late registrations or walk-ins will be accepted
To sign up, please complete the form located HERE. You will not be fully registered until payment has been received.
October Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at Coz's Pizza, 1405 Village Parkway, Mount Zion, IL
- All Pack 43 parents are invited to attend and help us plan our program and upcoming events!
- All dens should be represented by a den leader, assistant den leader or parent(s).
Have Questions about the Cub Scout Uniform?Check out www.bsauniforms.org for lots of information about uniforms.1st Grade = Tiger Scout2nd Grade = Wolf Scout3rd Grade = Bear Scout4th & 5th Grades = Webelos ScoutThe Lincoln Trails Council Service Center has special hours in September for all your Scout Stuff needs!262 W Prairie Ave, Decatur, IL 62523Normal Store Hours - 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - FridaySpecial Saturday hours - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Sept. 15 in Decatur9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Sept. 29 at RFSR Trading Post during Bobcat Bootcamp
Would you like to order a Pack 43 Activity ("Class B") uniform T-shirt? We have some in stock for purchase! For your convenience, you can now place and pay for your order online by clicking HERE. We will not be placing another order this year, so selections will be limited to in-stock items only. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, we will have the shirts available at each pack meeting for walk-up sales. Any questions, please email email@example.com or ask a committee member!
Pack 43 is entirely comprised of parent volunteers. While we strive to always have the best activities possible we cannot succeed without the parents who selflessly give their time. We welcome your feedback but we would also welcome your help. If you can help at any event(s) that interest you or if you have experience that would help our leadership team please let us know!
Please click here, or the image to the left to submit your feedback to our leadership!