Welcome to Cub Scout Pack 43
Mt. Zion, Illinois
Come Join Cub Scouts!
- School Talks will be held Tuesday, August 27 at McGaughey Elementary School and Mt Zion Grade School.
- Pack 43 representatives will be at the grade schools to talk to all boys and girls about Cub Scouting.
- Boys and girls should bring home a flyer with more information about Cub Scouting and our "Come Join Us" Night.
- Check backpacks that Tuesday for more information!!
- "Come Join Us" Night is Thursday, August 29 at 6:00 p.m. at Mt. Zion Grade School Gym. A map to Mt. Zion Grade can be found at http://mtzgrade.pack43.info.
- Come out on Thursday night the 29th to learn more about Cub Scouting and Pack 43.
- This event is open to all boys & girls in the 1st - 5th grades.
- This is a great opportunity to see more about what we are all about and ask all your questions!
- This event is geared toward *new* Cub Scouts - current Pack 43 Cub Scouts do not need to attend, unless they would like to bring a friend and introduce them to Cub Scouting (see the Recruiter Badge below)!
- NEW FAMILY NIGHT is Tuesday, September 3 at 6:00 p.m. at the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church
- This is to introduce new Scouts and families to our Pack and to answer many questions you have regarding the uniform, den meetings, etc. You will also hear from den leaders to get a picture of what the tiger year looks like for the Scouts.
Email Pack43CommitteeChair@gmail.com with any questions you might have about Pack 43.
The 2019 Popcorn Sale is Here!
Help keep Scouting in Pack 43 FREE!!
Each year, Pack 43 spends $125+ per Scout on our programs for the entire year. This means each Scout should sell at least $500 in popcorn to keep Scouting free.
This one sale each year allows Pack 43 to pay for all awards, advancements, badges, pins, etc., as well as the Pack Meeting activities and other special events throughout the year, including summer camp price reduction, pinewood derby, fishing derby, space derby, chili supper, Blue& Gold Banquet and many more.
All Pack 43 Scouts should do their best to sell a minimum of $500 in sales this year. This level of sales is easily achievable in as little as 2-3 hours and by selling approximately 20-25 items! You can achieve sales well over that level by putting in just a bit more effort! It is EASY and you support YOUR PACK and Scouting in our community!
Please visit our Popcorn Sale Resources page for helpful links that will answer many of your questions and help your Scouts achieve their goals!
6 out of the last 7 years, your Cub Scout Pack 43 has had the highest level of sales in our Council! Let's stay strong and set the bar!
70% of all sales STAY LOCAL with Pack 43, Railsplitter District, and Greater St. Louis Area Council! Make sure your customers know their purchase impact is huge for our area!
September Pack Meeting - Kickoff Inflatable Party!
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Check-in is at 5:45 pm at Mount Zion Lion's Club Pavilion - Meeting will start at 6:00 pm.
- (Pony Express Grounds behind the baseball fields off of Traughber Road)
All Pack 43 families are invited to our first Pack Meeting of the 2019-2020 Scouting year!!
Activities will include:
- Awards and advancements from summer activities
- Summer Camp recognitions
- Service Project recognitions
- Popcorn samples for the popcorn sale fundraiser
- Krave Frozen Yogurt
- Jumpin Jupiters inflatable obstacle course!
- Scouts BSA Troop 43 swinging bridge obstacle
- And much more!!
Spookoree Family Camp
- A fall family festival and camp out hosted by Greater St. Louis Area Council.
- This is one of the largest camps of the year and the whole family is invited!
- October 18 - 20, 2019
- Registration deadline is September 27 at 5:00 pm!
- Rhodes France Scout Reservation, Pana, IL
- Flyer is available at THIS LINK
- Scouts will get to shoot BB guns and archery while family members will get to participate in crafts, games & plenty of fun!
- Spookoree t-shirts ($15) and hooded sweatshirts ($30) are available for pre-purchase only by the September 27th deadline!
- Registration fee ($35 per person) is for all attendees and includes meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday and program materials.
- No late registrations or walk-ins will be accepted
To sign up, please complete the form located HERE. You will receive an invoice with your total due, and will not be fully registered until payment has been received.
2019 Cub Launch
Cub Launch is a one day event where a Cub Scout can experience all things Cub Scouting including Shooting Sports, STEM activities, and much more! Every Cub Scout will have the opportunity to work on earning their Bobcat Badge! This event is perfect for brand new Cub Scouts as well as seasoned Cub Scouts who want to spend a fun day Scouting!
The 2019 Cub Launch will be taking place on Saturday, October 5th and Sunday, October 6th! Attendees select one of the two days to attend. Mark your calendars and plan to bring new scouts for a day of fun!
There is a $10 fee to attend and each scout, however all New Scouts will receive a coupon for $5 off!
Each attendee should bring a sack lunch! Parent information sheet can be found HERE.
Click here to register directly with the council! Sign-ups are due no later than October 4th! No late registrations or walk-ins will be allowed. ALL attendees must have a completed BSA Health/Medical record (A/B only). Health form can be downloaded HERE. Map to RFSR is located HERE.
The RFSR Camp Trading Post Store will be open for purchasing books, uniforms, snacks and more!
October Committee Meeting
- When: Tuesday, October 1 at 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Coz’s Pizza 1405 East Village Parkway, Mt Zion, IL 62549
- Please attend and help us plan our great events for the year!
Note - due to the venue, this is an "adults only" meeting format and all dens should be represented by a den leader, assistant den leader or parent(s).
Would you like to order a Pack 43 Activity ("Class B") uniform T-shirt? We have some in stock for purchase! For your convenience, you can now place and pay for your order online by clicking HERE. We will not be placing another order this year, so selections will be limited to in-stock items only. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, we will have the shirts available at each pack meeting for walk-up sales. Any questions, please email email@example.com or ask a committee member!
Pack 43 is entirely comprised of parent volunteers. While we strive to always have the best activities possible we cannot succeed without the parents who selflessly give their time. We welcome your feedback but we would also welcome your help. If you can help at any event(s) that interest you or if you have experience that would help our leadership team please let us know!
Please click here, or the image to the left to submit your feedback to our leadership!