Seventh Italian Workshop on
Machine Learning and Data Mining
November 2018, Trento, Italy
Workshop of the 17th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence
Following the success of the first six editions of the Italian Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM.it) at the AI*IA Symposiums and AI*IA Conferences on Artificial Intelligence, this workshop aims at bringing together researchers actively involved in the fields of machine learning, data mining, deep learning, pattern recognition, and knowledge discovery.
During the workshop, researchers will have the opportunity to present their recent results and discuss problems and challenges relevant to the community.
Besides traditional novel ML&DM technique presentations, the edition of this year will particularly focus on the presentation of new open problems that relate the ML&DM with the more general AI area and its applications. With the intention to share the new upcoming challenges involving a large AI audience, a particular emphasis is given to contributions addressing the following topics:
- real-world open problems from a wide range of disciplines
- application open datasets and benchmarks
- unresolved issues requiring contributions from different AI fields
- interdisciplinary challenges opening new horizons for AI
- national resources allowing to strengthen the Italian AI research in the international scenario.
To this aim and to further stimulate the debate on general challenges, the following keynote speeches will be held at MDLM.it 2018:
- Adversarial Pattern Recognition. Prof. Fabio Roli (Univ. of Cagliari)
- Through the looking glass: sheding semantic light on neural decisions. Prof. Roberto Basili (Univ. of Roma)
- Learning, Inference, and Reasoning with Constraints. Prof. Marco Gori (Univ. of Siena)
- Optimization for Machine Learning. Prof. Marcello Sanguineti (Univ. of Genova)
- The seismic problem: a challenging data set. Giovanni De Gasperis (Univ. of L'Aquila)
- Interactive Machine Learning. Prof. Andrea Passerini (Univ. of Trento).
- AI & Data Ethics. Prof. Dino Pedreschi (Univ. of Pisa)
Further presentations by all the other participants are invited to cover other possible topics.
Following the tradition of MLDM.it, presentations are upon invitation. Attendance to MLDM.it is open and welcome to all the AI*IA Conference participants.
The meeting is organized by the AI*IA Working Group on Machine Learning and Data Mining whose general goal is to promote Italian scientific activities in the field of machine learning and data mining, and foster collaborations between research groups.
See the last MLDM.it (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017) editions at the following URLs:
Advisory Board (to be confirmed)
- Nicolò Cesa-Bianchi
- Paolo Frasconi
- Marco Gori
- Alessio Micheli
- Marcello Pelillo
- Giorgio Valentini
- Alessandro Verri