In September 2016 we began to build our first prototype. This prototype, built out of waste we found at home and which was manually operated (without electronics), was only used to test the functionality of our idea. It showed us problems that were easily resolved and gave us the affirmation to continue with our next phase.

At the beginning we wanted to build our prototype fully out of plastic printed pieces. After some experimentation we realized that the plastic pieces did not have the strength we needed and that they were too inaccurate to fit on top of each other. So we decided to build our machine out of square tubes and inner pipe connectors, used in the industry.

As we were proceeding well, there were the first problems coming up to us. We had to weld some metal parts, which reduced the modularity.

Because of some non-solvable problems with our second prototype, we wanted to improve our project by building a third machine, which would be able to work more precisely, is easier to transport, more modular and lighter in weight.