Student & Parent Resources
MMS Counseling Recommended Resources
The Issaquah School District and the community offer many resources for families. We've done our best to include a broad range of these websites and helpful tips for middle school families here.
Washington State OSPI-general academic and testing info
ADD/ADHD community resources
Depression & Suicide Prevention - includes signs to look for and where to seek help
Grief Resources - information teachers, students, and families about processing sudden losses of friends, classmates, and family members
Parenting Resources - includes book recommendations and tips to keep communication lines open and strengthen relationships
Stress & Anxiety - tools for parents and teens to cope with these issues
Teen Health & Sexuality Resources - topics includes eating disorders, brain development, talking about puberty, and healthy eating for teenagers
Office Suite- free access for ISD students to Microsoft Office Suite
- Family Access Login-checking grades
- Consulting directly with Teachers-directory to find email address to contact teachers directly
- 6th Grade Registration Form Packet
- 7th Grade Registration Form Packet, 7th Grade Elective Course Descriptions
- 8th Grade Registration Form Packet, 8th Grade Elective Course Descriptions
- Guidelines for Homework
- Homework Tips for Parents
- How to Take Control of Homework
- Note-taking Strategies
- Prepare to Learn: Study Skills Guide
Tutoring & Mentoring Resources
- Tutoring company for Math - Prime Numbers: http://www.primenumbers.guru/ is located in Issaquah. It could be a support to consider as they work with the same math curriculum as the Issaquah School District.
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/ offers online practice lessons and tutorials at home for free. It has great resources for students to work through math concepts that are difficult for them. You can simply search a specific math concept and many lessons and tutorial will pop up.
- Study Zone: http://kcls.org/study-zone/ The King County Library system provides a list of tutors for all core subjects including math. You can search by location, to determine what area is best for your family.
- VOICE Mentors- Volunteers in the community who have been vetted through the ISD VOICE Program who are available for free weekly tutoring to assist students in need of further support. Please email your student's Counselor so they can put your student on the current wait list.
- ISD District Counseling Resources-Counseling Services, Free and Reduce Lunch program, Parent Education, Counseling Services Page, Student Health, etc.
- 211-Online access to community resources in WA state for all ages
- DSHS-WA Department of Social and Health Services
- Crisis Clinic of Seattle/King County-24 hr crisis line and assistance with finding resources
- CPS-Directions on how to report child abuse and neglect, definition of abuse and neglect, and information on mandatory reporting.
- Crisis Clinic-24 hour crisis line
- Community Counseling Resource List-provided by our Teen Health Counselor
- Healthy Youth Resource Guide -connect with resources at Liberty High School, in the local community, and online to support student health and well-being.
- Safe Crossings Foundation: Helping Children with Grief
- The Dougy Center: National Center for Grieving Children and Families
- Where to Turn: Teen Link Teen Link operates a phone help line for youth every evening from 6:00-10:00 PM. At teen link no issue is too small or too big, your conversation will be with with a trained teen volunteer.