Wolcott Teacher Enrichment Trip
2018 Summer Teacher Enrichment Trip
History Enthusiasts Welcome
10 Contact Hours Available
Workshop - Trip Information
Educator / History Buff Annual Enrichment Trip
“Court Houses, Counties, & Cornfields”
Sponsored by Maumee Valley Historical Society
When: Mon. & Tues. July 16 & 17, 2018
CEUs: 10 Contact Hours available
Cost: $55 Includes lunch on Monday
Schedule of Events:
Mon. July 16: Wood County, Bowling Green, OH
Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Square (Park in lot behind courthouse)
Buffet Lunch at Pagliai’s, 945 S Main St, (Rt. 25)
(Price is included in your registration)
Wood County Historical Center and Museum, 13660 County Home Rd
Carter's Historic Farm, 18331 Carter Rd
Tues. July 17: Henry County, Napoleon, OH
Courthouse & Historic Jail, 660 N. Perry St.
Historic 1st Presbyterian Church-303 W. Washington St.
Lunch at Historic Spengler’s (order and pay from menu)
Downtown walk (Historic Buildings)
Historical Museum: Dr. Bloomfield House & Carriage house, circa 1879
(229 W. Clinton at Weber St.)
Drive to fairgrounds collection of historic buildings, 821 S Perry St,
Wear comfortable shoes, we will do a lot of walking.
Bring your friends and co-workers & car pool
Participant Learning Objectives:
· Participants will gain a better understanding of the importance and impact of early pioneers in forming local communities and governments.
· Participants will observe a variety of architectural designs and construction elements that have stood the test of time.
· Participants will raise awareness of how the Ohio State Social Studies Content Standards relate to local history in the areas of history, government, economics and geography, in areas of the Black Swamp.
· Participants will be able to integrate science, technology, engineering and mathematics into their curriculum as it relates to the architecture and farming.
· Participants will be provided opportunities to explore ways to incorporate and integrate local and regional history into their classroom. A focus will include visual literacy and engaging students in historical thinking skills through interpretation of artwork and artifacts
Questions?: Call Darlene Limmer 419-666-6632
Print and complete this page to mail a check or scroll down to register and pay online below:
Educator Enrichment Trip July 16-17, 2018
“Courthouses, Counties and Cornfields”
Cell No. ______________ Home Phone _____________
School _______________ Grade taught ___________ Subjects taught ________________________________________________________
I desire: ____Contact hours ____No Credit
Have you participated in our Field Trips in the past? ___yes ___no
Where did you hear about this program? ______________________
Would you like to receive e-mail notification of programs? __ yes __ no
1035 River Rd.
Maumee, OH 43537
Click Buy Now button to pay online with credit card through PayPal
Or make check payable to:
MVHS - Wolcott Heritage Center
1035 River Rd
Maumee, OH 43537
Wolcott Heritage Center
1035 River Road
Maumee, Ohio 43537