Dulwich College Preparatory School (1981-87)
Dulwich College (1987-92)
- 11 GCSE's (1989-1990), 3 A-levels (1992)
United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, University of London (1992-97)
- MBBS (1997)
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MRCS (2002)
University of London
- MSc (2005)
Intercollegiate Speciality Board in Urology
- FRCS(Urol) (2008)
Academic Awards and Prizes
- Best presentation at the Royal Society of Medicine Urology Short Papers meeting 2000.
- Best presentation at the BAUS Section of Endourology Annual Meeting, October 2003.
- Distinction awarded for Oral Examination in MSc Urology Year 1 (2003-4)
- Prize winner, Alan Pentecost Presentation Prize. Maidstone Hospital, October 2007.
- Prize winner, Short Papers Meeting, Royal Society of Medicine, October 2009
- Best presentation at the Royal Society of Medicine Clinicopathology meeting, March 2010.
- Prize Winner, Communication Meeting, Royal Society of Medicine, May 2010
- Best Paper at BAUS Annual Conference, June 2010
- Co-author of best presentation at the RSM Spring Short Papers meeting 2011
British Journal of Urology International (BJUI) - Rated as 'Top Reviewer' 2011 and 2012
Journal of Urology
British Medical Journal (BMJ)
International Journal of Surgery
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making
Matthew undertook a fellowship year from 2008-9. This enabled him to travel to Melbourne, Australia. Whilst there he worked at the Alfred Hospital which is the major trauma centre for the state of Victoria. This gave me an excellent exposure to all forms of Urology enabling me to greatly increase my surgical experience.
Consultant, Department of Urology
Urology Centre, Guy’s and St, Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust