Koliou Research Group
- CVEN 699: Engineering Risk Analysis (Texas A&M University)
Graduate course that focuses on applications of probability theory, statistics, and decision analysis to civil/structural engineering problems. Emphasis is placed on probabilistic modeling and analysis of civil engineering problems, bayesian statistics, risk analysis, and decision under uncertainty.
Fall 2018 (Enrollment: 25)
- CVEN 363: Engineering Mechanics - Dynamics (Texas A&M University)
Undergraduate course that focuses on particle and planar rigid body kinematics and kinetics, Newton’s laws of motion and the ability to apply energy and momentum methods to particles and rigid bodies in planar motion and an introductory knowledge of vibrations in one degree of freedom systems.
Spring 2018 (Enrollment: 68); Spring 2019 (Enrollment: 75)
- CVEN 446: Structural Steel Design (Texas A&M University)
Undergraduate senior course that emphasizes in the design of structural steel elements found in building structures, including tension members, compression members, beams, beam-columns and base plates, design of bolted and welded simple connections; design of bolted eccentric connections as well as design of bolted and welded partially and fully restrained connections.
Fall 2017 (Enrollment: 24)
- CIE 429: Reinforced Concrete Design (University at Buffalo) - Summer 2013
Undergraduate senior course that focuses on the strength (LRFD) analysis and design of reinforced concrete members subjected to compression, shear and bending to code provisions (ACI 318-11 and ASCE 7-10, current at the time the course was given). Topics include the analysis and design of beams, slabs, columns and frames.
- HELLO2 Teaching Certificate Program, Center for Teaching Excellence, Texas A&M University.
The Humanizing Education, Learning, and Leadership On/Offline (HELLO2) program is designed to provide faculty and staff opportunities to learn more about the following focus areas: 1) Active Learning and Student Engagement, 2) Transformational Teaching and Learning, 3) Learner-Centered Teaching, and 4) Instructional Technology for Student Learning and Engagement.
- CIE 430: Wood Design (University at Buffalo) - Spring 2013
- CIE 429: Reinforced Concrete Design (University at Buffalo) - Spring & Fall 2012
- EAS 207: Statics (University at Buffalo) - Fall 2011 & Summer 2012
- CIE 626: Structural Control (University at Buffalo) - Spring 2011 & Fall 2013
- Seismic Isolation and Dissipation (EUCENTRE - Pavia) - Summer 2013