Blogs on Making
Spanning a wide range of educators, librarians, technologists, and researchers
- The Tinkering Studio Blog This R&D lab on the floor of the Exploratorium is a maker’s dream! And they blog about all of the great work they are doing. Read and Re-read for great ideas!
- Renovated Learning : Diana Rendina is an amazing maker librarian with frequent makerspace posts! Follow her blog and get an almost daily dose of awesome ideas for your library makerspace. Check out Diana’s Makerspace resource page, Tips on Writing Donors Choose Projects, The Value of Guided Projects in Makerspaces.
- Makered.org : Every Child a Maker
- Josh Burker : Josh is a maker extraordinaire, he’s always making cool stuff and sharing project ideas. PLUS, he wrote the awesome Invent to Learn’s Guide to Fun.
- Maker Bridge : This is a great resource for the maker community that helps us all get connected via resources, reviews, and a weekly blog!
- UNCG SELF Design Studio : I interviewed Matt and Sarah for my Librarian’s Guide to littleBits, they always have amazing stuff going on, so go give them a like on Facebook to keep up with them! Check out this blog post about them over at makeymakey.com too!
- Expect the Miraculous : Andy Plemmons is a genius about connecting his young makers with mentors. Plus, he’s just an all around phenomenal librarian. (When I grow up, I hope to be like him! )
- Daring Librarian : Gwyneth Jones is an avid sharer of great ideas! Follow this blog ASAP!
- Library as an Incubator : Great blog with tons of information for school and public libraries alike!
- Innovation Lab (at St. Petersburg College ) : Chad Mairn is another rad maker librarian I met interviewing bitsters for the Librarian’s Guide to littleBits. He’s got all the great stuff at his academic library!
- Makerology : Krissy Venosdale is the founder of the #elemaker tag. Need I say more?
- Design Saunders : David is another awesome elemaker I met working on the Librarian’s Guide to littleBits. He’s a makerspace mash-up of fun!
- Worlds of Learning : Eric Sheninger hired Laura Fleming to renovate his highschool library and create an innovative learning space for students.
- Design Make Teach : Another great maker educator with a flow of great ideas!
- Makerspaces.com : Andrew is pretty great at curating free resources for you!
- Evolve Project : Brian Pichman is doing great work connecting libraries with makerspace resources. Plus, he’s pretty great at finding out about the best cutting edge maker tools.
- Active Learning : Kristin Fontichiaro’s blog about making and librarians