About Matthew J. Linn
Marquette University Law School
• J.D., 1990
• American Jurisprudence Award, Probate Practice
• B.A., cum laude, Philosophy and Theology, 1987
• Outstanding Undergraduate Theology Award
• Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit National Honor Society
• Consistently receives Martindale-Hubbell's AV Rating - the highest rating for legal abilities and adherence to ethics and integrity.
• Adheres to Abraham Lincoln's advice to a lawyer: "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser -- in fees, expenses, and waste of time. As a peacemaker the lawyer has a superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough."
• Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
• Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
• Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of State Bar Association
• Member, St. Thomas More Lawyer Society
• Past Chairman, Probate Section of Milwaukee Bar Association
• Member, ARAG Attorney Network
• Matt and wife, Patty, are the parents of six children and members of St. Robert Parish, Shorewood, Wisconsin.