Today's episode kicks off our three episode series on Italy. No interviews unfortunately, but we are sharing some of our favorite sights and eats from our Italy trip in March, as well as how to avoid crazy long ticket lines at some of the most popular spots (because they WILL happen).
TLDR; eat as much gelato as possible.
Questions? Suggestions? Call (641) 715-3900!
THINGS TO DO
- "Heart of Rome" hits a lot of the big sights (Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, the Pantheon)
- Colosseum and Forum tours were great too!
Colosseum/The Forum/Palatine Hill tickets - All one ticket. But tickets on location BUT GO EARLY. Buy at the Forum if the line at the Colosseum is crazy.
St. Peter's Basilica tickets - buy tickets on location BUT GO EARLY
How to book a Scavi (underground) Vatican tour:
Email email@example.com with...
- The exact number of participants
- The name of each participantYour preferred language
- All possible dates you are available
- Provide an email address for the main contact
How to get tickets to the Pope's Wednesday or Sunday address
- Request tickets via FAX (?!?!?!) to the Prefecture of the Papal Household
Borghese Gallery - buy tickets on location
San Clemente Basilica - buy tickets on location
Largo di Torre Argentina - cats! and free!
Ristorante Alessio - felt VERY local, and GREAT food
Bonci Pizzarium - pizza by the slice up by the Vatican
Tickets for the Leonardo Express (bullet train from the Leonardo Da Vinci airport) - Purchase on location. Runs every 30 minutes.
Terravision bus tickets - it's cheap, but use at your own risk -- we couldn't find the pick up spot!
MIKE'S READING CORNER
SPQR by Mary Beard
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King
Ancient Roman drinking fountain at the Vatican! Totally safe to drink even today!