Your Asphalt driveway is an investment that can last for decades with routinely serviced preventative maintenance. The costs of maintenance and repairs are pennies on the dollar when compared to new asphalt replacement. Without proper protection, the life expectancy of asphalt will drastically shorten as a result of numerous variables.
FACTORS INFLUENCING LONGEVITY
• Sun oxidization breaking down binding elements
• Ground shifting during freezing & thawing seasons
• Amount of traffic
• Salt & sand
• Gas and oil spills
• Heavy vehicles or property parked in high heat
• Turning tires in parked position & high traffic areas
• Snow & ice removal equipment damage
• Water penetration shifting supporting base layer
BENEFITS OF SEALCOATING
1. It will save you money. Sealcoating can double or even triple the life of your asphalt
2. Provides a barrier to salts, chemicals and petroleum products that break down asphalt
3. It acts as a waterproof and seals out moisture that can erode the base beneath the asphalt
4. Improves crack resistance - keeps asphalt flexible so it doesn't crack or break
5. Handsome, black finish increases property value (proven fact)
6. Cures quickly for less interruption of traffic or business flow
7. Faster cleanup - well maintained pavement is easier to keep clean
8. Blackened color hue melts snow and ice more rapidly
ARE ALL SEALERS THE SAME?
No. KV Sealcoating uses custom made, commercial grade sealers that are environmentally friendly with no coal tar. Coal tar is a highly toxic product banned in many states as a result of it's hazardous damages to mother nature and all living species. Our raw sealant is a liquid-based, asphalt emulsion sealer combined with high performance polymer additives, diamond silica sand, blackening agents and proprietary components to provide the ultimate protective coating & rich, black appearance.