Iowa State Mathematics Research Teams (ISMaRT) engage ISU undergraduate students in mathematical research in teams. Each team of 2-4 undergraduates is led by a postdoctoral research associate and also contains a faculty member and a graduate student.
- Metric dimension and robotic navigation on graphs
- Kemeny's constant and random walks on graphs
- Spatial distributions of inertial particles advected by rough turbulent flows
- Happy numbers: behavior under function iteration
- Undergraduates in ISMaRT may receive up to 3 credits of Math 499 for participation in ISMaRT upon agreement with the faculty member who is on the project.
- 3 credits of Math 499 that includes significant writing and oral presentation can be used to meet the Math 492 seminar requirement with the approval of the Math Undergraduate Committee.