Introduction to Computer and Network Security
Room and Schedule
- A 102 - 17:30-19:30 - Wednesday*
- A 102 - 17:30-19:30 - Friday
- *except: A 104 on Sep 26 and Oct 03.
There is also no lecture currently scheduled for Nov 09.
Do check the official UniTN course timetable for updates.
Teaching Assistant: Alessandro Tomasi (email altomasi at fbk.eu; telegram @AlessandroTomasi)
By appointment only. Please email the lecturer or assistant directly.
This is an introductory course to the increasingly important area of computer and network security. The main goal is to enable students to
- understand the theoretical and practical problems of information security,
- understand and recognize threats to fundamental security properties: confidentiality, integrity, and availability,
- understand how the main security mechanisms - such as authentication and authorization protocols, and access control - can be applied to mitigate vulnerabilities.
2018/19 topics, lecture notes, and links to additional material.
- Written exam (questions and/or exercises) at the end of the course
- Dates: TBA
- Past papers and results of past exam sessions are available.
- IMPORTANT: if you want to accept the mark, please, send me an email saying that you are willing to do so!
- 2018.09.21 - Workshop 01 notes available
- 2018.09.21 - Updated course schedule and room information. A few more details on workshops.
- 2018.09.19 - Updated course schedule and room information.
- 2018.09.17 || Results & Exam Sept. 11, 2018 with sketch of answers
- 2018.09.14 - Please take our census 2018 survey! Also note the updated course schedule and room information on this page.
- 2018.09.10 - Timetable and projects for the 2018 autumn semester
- 2018.10.20 - Workshop 2 uploaded; linked to github repo.
- 2018.10.24 - All videos recorded so far have been uploaded; you can find them on the syllabus page under each lecture.
- 2018.11.09 - Project descriptions updated
- 2018.11.15 - More video links added.
- 2018.12.05 - More video links added. Workshop 5 notes online.
- 2018.12.11 - More video links added.