Pre & Post Conference Schedule
Grow your business by offering ancillary services! Quality training.
Be sure to register for these courses.
All pre- and post-conference courses provide ASHI CEs.
Courses are held at the Caribe Royale Resort Convention Center.
Contact email@example.com or call 847-954-3188 with questions.
2-Day Infrared Certified Residential Thermographer
Instructor: Bill Fabian, Vice President, Monroe Infrared Technology, Inc.
Friday and Saturday, Jan. 19 & 20, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (16 ASHI CE hours)
- Tuition: $495 with IW Orlando registration, $595 for non-IW registrant
- Provides professional home inspectors with basic thermography training including: infrared camera operation, infrared fundamentals, thermal science and heat transfer. Provides thermography examples of structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical construction defects and other infrared applications specific to the home inspection profession. Attendees learn how to create professional infrared reports by image interpretation and the use of correct terminology.
2-Day Radon Measurement
Instructor: Terry Howell, President, Radalink, Inc.
Friday and Saturday, Jan. 19 & 20, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Earn16 NRSB CEUs
- Tuition: $400
- (Optional) NRSB Certification Exam will be given Sunday 8:00am. Additional $100 fee and registration through Radalink, Inc. (800) 295-4655
- (Optional) Florida Radon Measurement Exam will be given Sunday 8:00 am. Additional fee and registration through the State.
- Course is specifically designed to prepare students for successfully completing national certification and state licensing examinations. Participants will also be equipped to conduct radon measurements in homes with confidence and success.
Department of Energy-“Simulated Online Training” to Become an Approved Home Energy Score Assessor
Instructors: Brent Loya, Inspection Depot, Inc. and Ken Slattery, D.O.E.
Saturday, Jan. 20, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuition: $120 BRING TO CLASS up-to-date laptop, WIFI capable
- 7 CEs Florida approved Classroom “Home Energy Score ‘SIMS’ Training”
- 2 CEs Florida approved 2-hour Online suggested pre-class study “Webinar ‘SIM’ Online Training” thru ASHI Online Learning Center.
- Course fulfills a portion of the Department of Energy requirements for becoming an approved Home Energy Score Assessor by completing the Simulated Online Training program created and implemented by the Department of Energy. Students will receive detailed information on the regulations and requirements of the Home Energy Score, how to perform a Home Energy Score, and how to implement the Home Energy Score into a home inspection business. Course will outline and educate the attendees on building sciences, as well as assessing asset-based components of the home for energy efficient values.
2-Day NHIE Prep with Exam Option
Instructor: Bruce Barker, ACI, author of NHIE Home Inspection Manual and Jim Funkhouser, ACI.
- Sunday, Jan. 21, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Class
- Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm Class
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, transportation to PSI Testing Center, Orlando
- Tuition: $100 ASHI Members, $150 Nonmembers
- Pre-study requirement. Pre-purchase the National Home Inspector Exam Manual and Study Guide through ASHI ($99 for ASHI Members).
- Optional: Transportation provided to take the exam on Wednesday, January 24, at PSI Testing Center, Orlando. $225 exam fee. Exam pre-registration required, sign up at www.homeinspectionexam.org.
- Class is primarily intended to help new inspectors prepare to take the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE). Experienced inspectors will also benefit from attending taking this class. We will cover some topics you have forgotten, or that you were never taught. Each question is similar to one that might appear on the NHIE.
NADRA Deck Inspection / Evaluation Certification
Instructor: Jim Mailey, Training Manager, Simpson Strong-Tie
Sunday, Jan. 21, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Includes a certification exam
- Tuition: $199 (Optional membership to NADRA, additional $100 fee)
- Program will allow the home inspector the opportunity to employ the ability to safely inspect a deck using the North American Deck and Rail Assn. Deck Evaluation checklist. The NADRA Deck Evaluation checklist has been developed specifically for home inspectors as a comprehensive tool to be used to properly assess the safety issues of a deck. After the program the home inspector will understand how to analyze the following deck components and issues and more.
Building Dampness and IEQ Control
Instructor: Michael P. Menz, CIH, CHMM, EMSL Analytical, Inc. Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Sunday, Jan. 21, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuition: $99
- Florida Mold Course #0000158
- While the primary focus of the class is on fungal ecologies, inspection, sampling and analytical methods, this class introduces the attendee to the various aspects of indoor environmental quality issues and the critical role of building dampness.
- Introduction Indoor Environmental Quality issues
- Dampness and Moisture Intrusion
- Building Inspection and Fungal Sampling
- Remediation Procedures and Clearance
- Prevention of IEQ Problems
- Review of Regulations and Case Studies
SewerScan Training (Hands-on)
Instructor: Peter Hopkins, Vice-President, United Infrared
Sunday, Jan. 21, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuition: $395 with IW Orlando registration; $595 for non-IW registrant
- Registration provides pre-class access to full online course and once begun, fee will be non-refundable.
- Unfortunately for the homebuyer, the concealed sewer lines are outside the scope of a normal home inspection and thus can leave a potentially critical component of the home’s operation unseen. With this in mind, can you think of a better time to protect your clients’ assets than during a home inspection? Knowing the integrity of a sewer line during the escrow period allows your clients to better understand their investment decision. Any defects, including root infestations and damaged lines, can be addressed up front and clients can feel confident in their purchasing decision.
Certified Pool/Spa Inspector™ Certification
Instructor: Alex Stewart, National Swimming Pool Foundation Instructor
Thursday, Jan. 25, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuition: $150 (includes handbook, exam and certification fee)
- Florida CILB approved 3 CEs
- Developed by the National Swimming Pool Foundation®, course provides a standardized training program for home inspectors. Course teaches how to detect potential hazards in and around the pool or spa by conducting a proper inspection. Learn how operation and maintenance, design, barriers, chemical handling and storage, structures, and entrapment have an impact on safety.
Commercial Building Inspection
(3-Day Class) (24 hours)
Instructor: Richard Weldon, PEng, LEED AP
Thursday, Jan. 25, Friday, Jan. 26, & Saturday, Jan. 27
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
- ASHI Member Tuition: $1,395, Non-Member tuition: $1,795
- Tuition includes textbook, sample inspection reports, consultant reports and information about quoting inspections, report writing, costing and relevant business issues. Register through the ASHI School at www.theashischool.com.