Apply for a Mural
Click on the image below to Apply for a Mural
Community Mural Application
Impact Art wants to partner with city agencies, schools, businesses, and philanthropies, to transform public spaces and individual lives. The mission of Impact Art is to promote and create positive public art in the community of Kearney and the surrounding area as we...
mentor adult and young artists
beautify/revitalize and educate the community
contribute to Kearney and other communities economy by enhancing cultural tourism
WE BELIEVE ART IGNITES CHANGE.
We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art.
Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding.
Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society.
We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Impact Art aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges to understanding with projects that attract artists from Kearney and around the area, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation.
Our community-driven mural making process builds on these principles of collaboration and equity, and is open to every individual in the Kearney Area. The information below details how you or your community group can request a mural, and takes you through the process we use to decide what murals get painted each year.
To complete the application, you will need to provide information about:
The proposed project and its significance to the community
The suggested location
Your community and its commitment to this project
Important Application Information
· The established annual deadlines for mural applications are March 15 and November 15. Selected mural projects will be announced by May 15 for the March deadline and January 15 for the November deadline.
· Mural requests are accepted throughout the year; however, all applications will be reviewed at the established deadlines indicated above.
· THERE IS NO WAITING LIST! Unless you have heard from Impact Art in writing that you are receiving a mural based on a past application, you must submit a new application in order for your mural request to be reconsidered.
· To be considered in the next application round, complete the attached application and submit it to Impact Art by close of business on the day of the deadline.
MURAL APPLICATION CHECKLIST
If you can answer YES to most of the questions below, you are in a good position to proceed with the application!
· Have I talked to my neighbors and/or community groups about a mural?
· Have I identified a wall that faces traffic and does not peel, crack or have leaks?
· Have I tried to speak with the wall owner and/or obtain permission for a mural on that wall?
· Do I have a fabulous idea for the mural that will be meaningful for the whole community?
· Am I able to work with Impact Art Staff to have at least three to five (3-5) meetings about the mural?
· Have I made a firm commitment to maintain the area around the mural with my neighbors?
· Did I include a photograph of the wall with my application?
Top of Form
*Name of Applicant
Section 1: Community & Organizational Support
Impact Art is interested in working with non-traditional or new organizations, as well as more established groups. These include but are not limited to organizations that have no staff but a strong community volunteer base, a membership that is not english speaking, organizations lacking access to a computer or professional staff, schools, recreation centers, communities of faith, businesses, block clubs, and scout troops.
Please describe your organization briefly
Section 2: Wall Availability
A wall must already be selected for your project to be considered. Should your application be selected, Impact Art will work with you to ensure the quality and suitability of your pre-selected wall. Please do the best you can to identify the wall owner. Inability to get owner permission or to assess if the wall is structurally suitable will not be used against your application if your project is otherwise sound.
Address of Proposed Mural (Street & Zip)
Are you the Property Owner?
Yes or No
Not the property owner?
This wall is located?
Indoor or Outdoor
The wall is?
Brick, Cinderblock, Stucco, Other
Image of Wall (Please attach a Photo)
Size Limit 450k. Accepted files include, jpg, png or gif.
Section 3: Significance of Project
Please describe the theme/image you envision for this mural.
Why do you want a mural at this location?
How will it benefit the community, youth, and/or the city?
What is the special significance of this mural to you?
Section 4: Innovation
We are looking for creative, important, and innovative projects. Make your pitch and convince us that your mural should be on the top of the list!
Bottom of Form
Questions? Call 402-936-0175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org