3rd at State
XC Pep Fest
Parents, family and friends- Please Click Here for an important Give to the Max update from the Booster Club.
NXR Results (The open races are merged into one race)
Section/State Runners (all 9 of you): you'll be recognized by the SPPS school board on Tuesday, November 19. Please plan to be at 360 Colborne at 5:45 - we will probably get called down about 6:30. We will meet in the 5th Floor Cafeteria.
Uniforms - bring them to Coach Moening before Friday. They will get washed at school.
Track: Congrats to Coach O'Connell and Coach Klatt. They will be co-head coaches for the spring track season. Coach Z has retired from track coaching.
Banquet Videos and Photos
- Lisa Leo Photos
- banquet slideshow
- Addie Fabel's Good to be Alive (link fixed)
- CC Superfan Cole Johnson - Oliver's Video
- Maeve's Senior Video
Give to the Max! This is our biggest fundraiser for Cross Country and Nordic Ski for the year and we have a big goal of $5,500 by November 14th. Please share with family, friends, and neighborhood endurance sports supporters.
- Oliver is State Champion! Pioneer Press Article Milesplit Interview
- Boys 3rd, Girls 6th
- All-State: Oliver, Boone, Conor, Molly
- Results HP Results
- Cole Johnson's video of the final hill
- Records updated Best Times, State Qualifiers, and Grade Level Records Top 20 Times
- Top State Meet Places
- Lisa Leo Photos: Girls Boys Awards
- comments from the 1973 Captain and Teammates
- Joey Temali Photos
Meet Memo, the Marie Kondo of Fitness (good video)
Pioneer Press - Oliver and Mickies
StarTribune - State Preview
Milesplit State Preview
HP CC on Prep Spotlight - go to 26:15, not sure where the photos came from
CC Banquet is Monday November 4 - more info here (payment due Thursday, Oct 31)
Parents and fans of Highland Park runners and skiers: Get your cheer on with new HP CCXC t-shirts (short and long-sleeve available). Shirt orders are due by Nov. 15th with delivery 1-2 weeks after, perfect timing for holiday gifts. Shirt Order Form
Women in Sports - Free Seminar Facilitated by Jillian Tholen, MS, RDN, LD, a sports-trained dietitian
State Championship - Varsity Lineup - we race 7 in the varsity race. Alternates are: Lance, Otto, Anna, Maddie.
Nike Regionals Information - open to all runners (parents should read this too)
Working on new workout group names
Message From the Captains: A $5 - $10 donation from athletes for the coaches gift would be greatly appreciated! You can give money to any of the captains.
CC Superfan Cole has been busy. Check out his archival review of Highland's history at state
- Varsity Boys and Varsity Golds win the Gold Level Award (>3.75 GPA average top 5 GPA)
- All State Academic (top 15 sections, grade 10 to 12, GPA 3.75 or higher): Oliver Paleen, Molly Moening, Caroline Harding.
No Parking - getting ready for Monster Dash
Molly was chosen as this week's MVP for Channel 45TV prep sports. It is around 12:00 mark https://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/SpotlightShow/5685
A wish list has been created for the HP Cross Country and Nordic teams. HPCCXC Booster Club Wish List. Any items purchased will be sent directly to Coach Moening at the school as a donation to the Cross Country and Nordic teams.
Runners - show this to your parents
Oliver is a Star Tribune Athlete of the Week
Woody Kincaid 12:58!!! Race Video here
Grinder Results (runners - sign up for concessions before you look at the results)
Strava Drawing Contest - get your photos to Coach Moening (updated)
Listen to HP CC on the radio Podcast from Saturday - WFNU 94.1 FM's 651Sports
Watch the Diamond League 800
Runners: Submit 2019 Emergency Contact Info
Girls Racing Uniform Shorts: We have many more girls on the team than last year. We ran out of shorts. The varsity squad is required to have matching uniforms. I think we have most of them covered. If you run in a non-varsity race we'd like you wearing something close the the royal blue short. If you'd like to buy a pair of matching shorts - these are the originals, these are the spandex version.
Join the HP CCXC Booster Club Board! Are you a parent interested in helping to support the HP Cross Country and Nordic teams? The newly created Booster Club needs to fill grade-level representative positions (Middle school, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th). The Booster Club meets roughly six times a year. It’s a fun group that works to raise money in support of both teams so that all cross country and nordic athletes can experience their respective sport in a meaningful way. We will hold a brief election at the upcoming Parent Party on Aug. 27. For more information or questions, contact Rebeca Escalante, email@example.com, or Sara Fabel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Runner to Do List - first day of practice is Monday, August 12 at 9:00 am on the track.
- Turn in forms, fees and copy of physical to High School Athletic Director (Mr. Auran). He will give you a yellow card. That is your ticket to practice.
- Bring your summer log to practice on Monday..
- Join the Remind to get updates on all things running/skiing and captains practice!
- Submit 2019 Emergency Contact Info
- Keep an eye on the weekly workout schedule.
Coach Moening's notes from training meeting.
Runners and Skiers - Summer T-Shirt Awards - you have up to three options
- Win your Fantasy Fitness Division - top two boys and top two girls in each division
- Complete the 5000 Push Up Challenge
- Earn a summer mileage award. To be eligible to receive this award the runner must submit your summer training log the first week of practice and complete 50% of your mileage by July 15.
- High School Boys - 400 miles
- High School Girls - 300 miles
- Middle School Boys (going into 7th or 8th grade) - 240 miles
- Middle School Girls (going into 7th or 8th grade) - 200 miles
Fantasy Fitness Draft order will be determined at the team meeting next week.
Fantasy Fitness Fans - Tate has been busy and has us ready to go
- Registration link: https://highland.ifantasyfitness.com/join/2019
- Rules for this year If you are under the age of 13 - read this
- Team leader registration deadline: Monday, May 13 5:00 pm
- General registration deadline: Monday, May 20 5:00 pm
- Technical questions should be sent to me directly (email@example.com).
- !Fantasy Fitness Owners for 2019: Nat, Cole, Label, Mears, DJ, Dolly, Shaggy, Sparky, Killer, TRT, Steph J, .......
- What is this Fantasy Fitness thing?
Running Summer Time Trial Course - Hidden Falls Boat Launch
Skiers - on June 5 we'll meet and develop individual training plans for the next season. All skiers invited. Room 3303 at 2:05 until done.Here is an example. Developing Long Term Goals. Summer Running Plans Log Simple Annual Log Simple Weekly Log Salsa Scale - Weekly Planning