DREAM : BELIEVE : ACHIEVE
HEMS Scholar Resources Out of School Programs : Academic Resources : Mentoring Programs : Fun Activities
Movement Powers Change®
GoNoodle® engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are!
Attention Parents with scholars Birth to 5yrs old , BCPSS Early Learning Program will host a parent workshop on JANUARY 25, 2020 at 5 PM. Please see details below
The registration link is still open.
Be sure to register and attend the workshop to get FREE materials for your child!
To register, visit: https://tinyurl.com/PreKSTEAM
AT HOMe Learning Resource
Free Baltimore City Schools ELA & math curriculum resources for extra practice:
Recursos gratuitos de ELA y matemáticas de las escuelas en la ciudad de Baltimore para práctica adicional.
Would You like a Y membership ? Tell a Parent to view this information and sign up for a Free or reduced YMCA membership. Click Below link.
If you are in need of financial assistance for Y membership, please download and complete the confidential OPEN DOORS MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANCE APPLICATION and submit it to any Y CENTER, either in person or via email to the membership director.
Girlfriends Book Club Baltimore is a stress-free group for girls, that encourages reading, vocabulary expansion, comprehension skills, and confidence. Click Below to join. Program has a Membership Fee.
Take a virtual field trip to see all sorts of animals without leaving home. You can visit zoos, aquariums, farms, and even go on a virtual safari all in the same day!
OWLS Did you Know : Showing up every day is a skill that you are developing that will help you do well in class and with getting and keeping a job later on.
• School only gets harder when you skip a class. Sometimes it’s tempting to skip or not log in because you are tired or don’t understand what’s going on in class. But missing a day only makes that worse because you aren’t learning something that will help you understand a lesson later on.
• If you think missing a day here or there won’t matter, think again. By missing just one day every two weeks, you would be on track to miss two full weeks in a semester or nearly a month of school for the year!
• Did you know that a student who misses 10 days or more during a school year is less likely to graduate from high school and or ever enroll in college?
• Chronic absence can affect your ability to earn a living. Dropouts are less likely to succeed in a career. In fact, a high school graduate makes, on average, $1 million more than a dropout over a lifetime.
• While short- and long-term consequences of absenteeism are most motivating to teens, it’s important to remember that many teens trust their teachers and are motivated by the positive relationship. You can express concern but make sure you are genuine. Teens are quick to spot when adults are just saying the right things and not backing them up with actions. You can say: "When you’re not here, teachers and administrators notice because we care about you and we want you to be successful."
• If you’re having trouble getting to school— and have challenges such as computer issues, bullies, etc.—tell someone, such as a teacher, guidance counselor or your family.
Need some homework help this school year? Teens ages 11-18 may join the Pratt Teens server on Discord to get LIVE homework help in English, Reading, Math, Social Sciences, and other subjects from a Morgan State University student. (Please be advised that Discord does not allow accounts under age 13; a parent will need to create the account.
Monday - Friday 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Saturdays 10:00AM - 1:00PM
To access the server, apply below: