Letter from Ed Sanders - President
Dear Hackert Lakers,
I wanted to take a moment of your time to introduce myself and the new Hackert Lake
Board. My name is Ed Sanders, and I am your newly elected board president. The other newly elected board members are: vice president - Jennifer McMellen, treasurer - Cathy Iteen, secretary - Pam Christensen, and Rick Mallon, Brenda Merrifield and Jeff Christensen as board members. On behalf of the board, we would like to thank Kevin and Deb Kalmbach, Rick Ruba and John Barbrick for their years of service to the Hackert Lake Association (HLA).
After being elected, we met in late July as a board, and discussed the direction of the
HLA with excitement and enthusiasm. Here is a brief summary of our agenda in no particular order.
1. Continue our partnership with WSCC to conduct our annual lake water quality
2. Continue research on Liability Insurance for HLA board members.
3. Increase membership with updated welcoming packets.
4. Create a “watercraft parade” in August to possibly coincide with the Crystal Lake
Campground’s night of ‘live” music. Prizes for “best decorated” watercraft.
5. Organize and advertise a lake wide yard sale for all those interested. Proposed
date is June 3, 2023.
6. Move HLA’s webpage to Facebook or Google Pages instead of our current
provider, Weebly. Board member Rick Mallon is our technician guru!
7. Consider a HLA winter social.
8. Our Annual Lake Association meeting will be held at 11:00am on July 22, 2023.
Site to be determined.
9. New signage at boat launch and other areas to replace the current old faded
signs. Possible signage at Chilberg Association private beach/dock area to
reduce or inform lake users that the area is private.
10. Reiterate all legal complaints to their designated office: 843-8644 for animal
control, speeding/traffic to 911, and land/neighboring issues to Amber Township
Supervisor, James Gallie, at 757-0377.
Lastly, the board and I hope that you have had a great summer on the lake. We will do
our best to make sure Hackert Lake is the best lake in Mason County. Please feel free to reach out to myself or any board member with any questions, comments or concerns. Please visit our website at www.hackertlake.org. Have a great and safe autumn and winter season.