Gilsoo Lee is currently a Ph.D. student in Bradley department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA. He works with NetSciWiS@VT research group at Wireless@VT, under supervision of Dr. Walid Saad. His current research interests include resource management, optimization, and game theoretical approach in Energy-efficient Networks, Energy Harvesting, Self Organizing Networks (SON), Ultra Dense Networks (UDN), and Heterogeneous Small Cell Networks (HetSNet). He received his B.S. and M.S. degree in Electronic Engineering from Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea in 2013 and 2015, respectively. He worked as a research assistant at Networking for Information Communications and Energy (NICE) Lab.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA, USA
Ph.D. student in Electrical Engineering
Aug. 2015 – present
Advisor: Prof. Walid Saad
Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
M.S. in Electronic Engineering
Mar. 2013 – Feb. 2015
Advisor: Prof. Hongseok Kim
Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
B.S. in Electronic Engineering
Mar. 2006 – Feb. 2013
Graduated with a honor (Magna Cum Laude)
- G. Lee, W. Saad, M. Bennis, A. Mehbodniya, and F. Adachi, “Online Ski Rental for ON/OFF Scheduling of Energy Harvesting Base Stations,” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.16, no.5, pp.2976-2990, May 2017.
- G. Lee, H. Kim, "Green small cell operation of ultra-dense networks using device assistance," in Energies, no. 9 (12), Dec. 2016.
- G. Lee, H. Kim, Y. Cho, and S.-H. Lee, “QoE-aware scheduling for Sigmoid Optimization in Wireless Networks,” in IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1995–1998, Nov. 2014.
- G. Lee, W. Saad, and M. Bennis, Online Optimization for Low-Latency Computational Caching in Fog Networks, in Proc. of Fog World Congress, Santa Clara, CA, USA, November 2017.
- G. Lee, W. Saad, and M. Bennis, “An Online Secretary Framework for Fog Network Formation with Minimal Latency,” in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Commun. (ICC), Paris, France, May 2017, pp. 1–6.
- G. Lee, W. Saad, M. Bennis, A. Mehbodniya, and F. Adachi, “Online Channel Allocation for Full-Duplex Device-to-Device Communications,” in Proc. of IEEE Globecom Workshops, Washington D.C., USA, Dec. 2016, pp. 1–6.
- G. Lee, W. Saad, M. Bennis, A. Mehbodniya, and F. Adachi, “Online ski rental for scheduling self-powered, energy harvesting small base stations,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Commun. (ICC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016, pp. 1–6.
- G. Lee and H. Kim, “Green small cell operation using belief propagation in wireless networks,” in Proc. of IEEE Globecom Workshops, Austin, TX, USA, 2014, pp. 1266–1271.
- G. Lee, H. Kim, Y.T. Kim, and B. H. Kim, Delaunay Triangulation Based Green Base Station Operation for Self Organizing Network, in Proc. of IEEE GreenCom, Beijing, China, Aug. 2013.
Google Scholar: Link
- Network Science, Wireless, and Security Group (NetSciWiS), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, USA
Graduate Research Assistant Fall 2015 – present
- Networking for Information Communication and Energy (NICE) Lab, Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
Undergraduate / Graduate Research Assistant Fall 2012 – present
- ECE5484 Fundamentals Computer Systems, Virginia Tech - Spring 2016
- ECE3544 Digital Design I, Virginia Tech - Fall 2015
- EEE2051 Basic Electronics Laboratory, Sogang University - Spring 2013
- STS2008 C Programming, Sogang University - Fall 2013
Network Science, Wireless, and Security laboratory at Virginia Tech(NetSciWiS@VT)
469 Durham Hall, 1145 Perry Street, Blacksburg, VA 24061,
http://www.netsciwis.com/ (Research group website)