If you have a student at Gillette Road Middle School, or are a teacher or staff member at Gillette Road, then you are automatically a member of our Parent-Teacher Group!
There are no dues or volunteer requirements, but we'd love for you to be an ACTIVE member with us. Our PTG offers you the opportunity to still be a part of your child's educational experience, even in middle school!
Research studies show that encouraging PARENT involvement in education is the best way to create a great school and improve student performance!
Source: PTO Today
We encourage all parents and teachers to attend our general membership PTG meetings held on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-7:30pm. At these meetings we review upcoming events and ongoing projects and receive updates from Gillette's Principal Leahey.
Becoming involved in Gillette's PTG and attending meetings are valuable opportunities for you to stay connected with the school and be a pro-active voice and engaged participant in YOUR child's education!
OUR MISSION IS:
- To strengthen our school COMMUNITY and encourage inclusion of current and new families by creating a safe and positive atmosphere that embraces the diverse backgrounds of individuals.
- To help fund creative programs and provide OPPORTUNITIES to enrich the educational and social experiences that inspire our children, assist with classroom and grade-level needs, provide school-wide functions and offer varied parent involvement opportunities.
- To increase positive COMMUNICATION between school, parents, and students.
- To make our school a great place for our children to THRIVE!
Are you concerned about your child's screen time?
Come join us for an educational and informational forum brought to you by North Syracuse Central Schools.
THANK YOU to These November Volunteers!
We couldn’t do what we do without the help of Gillette’s amazing parent community!
If we missed anyone here, please know it wasn't intentional - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you on this VIP list!
*PLEASE NOTE that our volunteer thank you list does NOT include the dozens of hours that our PTG Board members contribute every month! 🙂
Speech Therapy Ultrasound Bottle Drive Fundraiser - Please Contribute!
The NSCSD Speech Department has raised $3,500 of the $5,000 needed for the purchase of the ultrasound machine. This machine will be used in therapy for those students needing more than traditional methods. They are about only $1,500 shy of their goal! Their next fundraiser is a bottle drive and an account has been opened at the Plank Road Bottle Return center. Please consider contributing to this fundraiser. Thank you!
Next PTG Meeting
Thursday March 14, 2019
Did You Know That Your Shopping Can Benefit Our School? Here's How:
We have several easy ways for you to help us earn funds by doing things you already do anyway! These are shopping reward program “shoppertunities” like Box Tops and Amazon Smile.
These programs require almost NO extra time or cost for you, but provide MANY benefits for your Gillette student!
- Shop online at SMILE.AMAZON.COM and select “Gillette Road Ptg Inc” as your charity. A percentage of purchases will come back to Gillette!
- As you do your holiday grocery shopping, please use your PRICE CHOPPER ADVANT-EDGE CARD registered with Gillette Road’s school code of 16502. And please clip those BoxTops!
- After your shopping is finished, please take a quick moment to scan your shopping receipts into the fun SHOPAROO app to earn cash rewards back for our school! BONUS BENEFIT FOR YOU: You have a photo record of all of your receipts if you ever lose one!
- Finally, please RECYCLE your holiday celebrations’ cans and bottles at Cicero Bottle & Can Return or Plank Road Bottle Return and tell them it’s for the Gillette Road PTG.
For more information about these programs, please click here. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Did You Have a Great Experience With a Gillette Teacher or Staff Member?
Do you know of a Gillette teacher or staff member (or even a parent volunteer) who is doing a fabulous job or has helped you out in an amazing way? We want to know about it, and we want to tell everyone!
Our PTG bulletin board in the front lobby of Gillette has a special section JUST for Shout-Outs!
Please email your experience to email@example.com and we'll post it on the Teacher Support section of our website and on the bulletin board. Help us let our teachers and other building staff know how much we appreciate their hard work for our kids! Submissions welcome from all: Parents, students and teachers & staff!
The Monthly Rundown: What We Did in December & January for Our School & Kids!
- Hot Cocoa Bar- to show our love and thanks to all the Teachers and staff was a huge success- Thanks to all thank donated and helped.
- Box Tops- Donut Party(Donated by Dunkin) - Congrats to Mrs Harris's class, You guys deserved this
- Continued working on plans for a “Special Someone” Valentine dance gala coming in 2019!
- Continued planning the 6th grade party for early 2019!
Want To Be "In the Know" About Everything Going On at Gillette? Join Our Team & You Always Will Be!
We're still looking for help in the following PTG Board positions:
- Fundraising Committee Chair
- Publicity Committee Chair
- Nominations Committee Chair (short commitment over 2-3 months; estimated 5-7 hours in total!)
- Audit Committee Chair (small, annual 1-2 day commitment!)
- Gillette Road Building Planning Team (BPT) Representative (simply attend a few meetings during the school year & report notes back to PTG President)
For more detailed information about these open positions and duties involved, please visit our Volunteering page.
If you're not interested in taking the lead but would be happy to serve on a committee, please let us know that, too! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting BoxTops Pays Off ... In Donuts!
Mrs. Harris’ 5th grade homeroom was the winner of our Fall 2018 Box Tops collections contest! Congratulations to this amazing homeroom, and thank you to Dunkin Donuts for sponsoring their rewards party!
We'll be having another BoxTops collections contest in Spring 2019, so please keep clipping and saving! Each BoxTop is worth 10 cents and they add up quickly to hundreds of dollars for Gillette! Thank you!