In this section I will try to update you about recent activities. If you are interested in any topic in more detail, please feel absolutely free to get in touch. I am very happy to start interesting discussions with you!
- This fall, I am very happy to have invited guests here in Linz. I had the pleasure to welcome Ass. Prof. Dr. Silvio Vaschetto from Politecnico di Torino in Italy as well as Ass. Prof. Dr. Jan Barta from Brno University of Technology (+students). We enjoyed a group discussion with presentations from Torino, Brno, and Linz on Sep. 13, 2019, and we are looking forward to a multifaceted collaboration.
- On November 15, 2019, it was my pleasure to give a talk at the Femag-Anwendertreffen. The software FEMAG is well known in the German speaking area. Around 150 attendees joined this user meeting.
My talk was entitled 'Time Domain Based Iron Loss Model: Measurements, Identification and Application' and it will be available soon here.
- From October 22 till December 2 I am at the Politecnico di Torino at the Energy Department. I am mainly working together with Professor Andrea Cavagnino and Dr. Silvio Vaschetto. It is my second time in Italy at this research institution. I appreciate their profound expertise in electric machine design and it is always great to collaborate.
- On October 1, 2018, I was at Columbia University in the City of New York. I was invited by Prof. Preindl and got to know the very interesting activities of him and his group. His lab can be found here.
I also gave a seminar entitled "Aspects of Modern Optimization of Rotating Electric Machines".
- Wolfgang Gruber and me were representing our university, JKU Linz, at ECCE in Portland, Oregon, US and at the famous WEMPEC in Madison, Wisconsin, US. Wolfgang gave a very nice presentation in Madison about magnetic levitation and bearingless machines in particular at the WEMPEC seminar. It was also awesome that we could meet with friends for dinner. Thank you to all for the awesome time in Madison!
- On Sep. 21, 2018, I was invited by Professor David Trumper to give a talk at MIT in Boston about "More Accurate Modeling of Soft Magnetic Materials for Electric Machine Design". It was an exciting chance to be at MIT and also to meet Prof. Trumper's group which is doing very nice and interesting research, both regarding theoretical aspects and by achieving hands-on results with their fantastic setups in the lab. It was a great honor for me being allowed to gain this awesome experience. The slides of my presentation can be downloaded here.
- August 1, 2018: I will give a tutorial on "Modern Optimization of Rotating Electric Machines" together with my colleague from Finland, Antti Lehikoinen at ICEM 2018. I am looking forward meeting many colleagues and discussing trends and new joint activities. If you have something in mind you would like to tackle together, do not hesitate to get in touch with me!
- July 24, 2018: I will give a presentation at ECCE 2018 entitled "Investigation and Modeling of Local Degradation in Soft Magnetic Materials", where my colleague Marco Cossale is the main author. This will cover the modeling approach that we found during our recent activities. The model turned out to be very accurate while the complexity is rather low. An important aspect for us is that the model can be easily applied to analytical models and FE-simulations. Therefore, a colleague, Gereon Goldbeck, is giving a talk focussing on the FE-implementation of the model at ICEM 2018.
- July 23, 2018: Page is launched. Welcome! Please allow some time until everything is more or less working....