Open Topics for Theses
February 18, 2019 - new topics: Please shoot me an email and I can send you the most recent topics!
If you are interested in electric machine design, power electronics, and the control of electric machines, then please feel free to get in touch with me.
Aspects that could be covered in a thesis or an internship are:
- (nonlinear) modeling and evaluation of electrical machines considering
- the trade off accuracy vs. computational cost
- a multi-physics based approach by incorporating mechanical and thermal aspects
- investigating new machine designs
- optimization, e.g.,
- optimizing the machine design itself and / or
- the applied control
- or an entire system
- dealing with the impact of tolerances at any level of application, e.g., with regard to
- geometric shape and position
- control aspects
Due to reasons of confidentiality, particular topics usually are not listed here. Please get in touch with me if you are interested and I can provide you information about pending activities. There are both academic as well as topics in collaboration with industry available.