Pennsylvania Department of
Swimming Pool Water Discharge Guidelines
Please allow slide show to load, thanks
Delaware County agencies that assist people year-round and during extreme weather conditions:
- The Delaware County Division of Adult and Family Services of the Office of Behavioral Health partners with various agencies to offer additional services through the Homeless Services Coalition of Delaware County. They also provide a winter shelter directory that is distributed to police, municipalities, school districts and other officials.
- The County Office of Services for the Aging (COSA) extends outreach to senior citizens, including having case managers check on seniors who may be vulnerable. Tips on how to stay warm and safe during winter’s cold weather are available on COSA’s informational weatherline at (610) 872-1558.
- The County Department of Intercommunity Health provides information to help people avoid medical emergencies, such as hypothermia and frost bite, during Code Blue conditions.
- Community Action Agency of Delaware County (CAADC) is the county’s anti-poverty agency that can assist economically disadvantaged households.
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income families pay their heating bills. PECO also offers a CARES Program for people experiencing a hardship, a low-income usage reduction program and discounted rates for low-income families.
- The county’s Adult and Family Services Division, based in Upper Darby, participates in the leadership of the Homeless Services Coalition, a group of 90 individuals and organizations dedicated to providing services to the homeless.