Volleyball Elite Academy
The academy is a year-long set of cycles. The cycles are designed to fit the needs of the athletes. The academy has two parts, the cycles and sessions are the physical aspects of the academy. The second part is virtual and is a communication center where personal video analysis, discussions and information sharing occur. You can access the physical aspect of the academy by clicking the links below to register for the sessions. However the virtual aspect can only be accessed by joining the virtual locker room. A single-time 10 dollar membership will allow you to access all the virtual tools, discounts and information which makes the Elite academy unique.
The academy is still accepting athletes. The flexible nature of the academy is designed for an athlete to come and go and take sessions when it fits into their busy schedules. Due to this design, the academy is always taking registrations and athletes can join the basic cycle at any time during the year. Hope to see you on the court.
- This academy is for athletes between the ages of 10 - 18.
- The Basic Cycle is designed to develop the skills of volleyball to allow one to reach their potential in the sport.
- This is not a team development academy, this is an individual athlete's opportunity to take their skills to the next level.
- Each Elite session will be filled with athletes who have the ability to become elite athletes in the future. The ratio of athlete to coach will approximately 10 to one. This will ensure each athlete will be given the individual attention the athletes will need to find success.
- It is not for everyone and athletes will be selected on a pre-determined criteria for the limited number of spots in the academy. (These sessions will be physically demanding and meant to build on an athlete's volleyball skills)
- Sessions are not divided by gender. Male and females will train together.
Cost for athletes will be 35.00 dollars a session (a session is two hours of training)
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session one Underhand pass
12 pm - 2 pm Advanced Attack Cycle Session three Attack Type
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session three Serving
12 pm - 2 pm Advanced Attack Cycle Session five Attack Party
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session five Defense and Libero
12 pm - 2 pm Advanced Serving Cycle Session two Standing Float
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session six Mental Toughness and Practice
12 pm - 2 pm Advanced Serving Cycle Session three Jump Spin
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session seven Overhead passing and setting
12 pm - 2 pm Advanced Serving Cycle Session four Jump Float
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session eight Power skills
12 pm - 2 pm Advanced Serving Cycle Session five Serve Party
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session nine Middle skills
12 pm - 2 pm Progressive Drills Session one
10 am - 12 pm Basic Cycle Session ten Offside skills
12 pm - 2 pm Progressive Drills Session two
10 am - 12 pm Weird Drills
12 pm - 2 pm Progressive Drills Session three
Making the Cut 4 day Camp (This camp fills so register early)
The school year is starting and then the tryouts for Junior and Senior teams begin. What will make you into the athlete that every coach wants on their team? Do you have the skills? Do you have the drive? Are you aware of what it takes to make the cut? This four-day cycle will give athletes what they need to make their school team.
Sessions will happen from 10-12pm, 2-4pm and 6-8pm each of the four days. You can buy tickets for individual sessions. The cycle spots will be given to Academy members first, athletes who want all 12 sessions second and non-members who don't want all the sessions third.
A total of 12 sessions
August 27-August 30 2018
Each day will have a session from 10 am -12 pm, 2 pm - 4 pm and 6 pm - 8 pm. The two-hour break in-between is so the athletes can get something to eat, shower, change and get ready for the next session. I know this might cause some issues for out of town athletes as it is difficult to figure out what to do for the two hours. My suggestion for those athletes is that they pair up with an athlete from Saskatoon so parents do not have to drive back and forth three times a day.