Design & Building Facts
- Designed for 500-600 students, which accounts for student population growth.
- Class A School with a gym, auxiliary gym, track, fields, fitness center, grandstand and other sports facilities.
- Career Technical Education Programs including: woodshop/construction, welding, STEM, robotics, drafting, culinary arts, art, music (band and choir) and design.
- Full academic program, sciences, electives and AP courses.
- Shared project spaces for collaborative, student-centered 21st century learning.
- Library, Cyber Cafe.
- Commons Area that will serve as the cafeteria and performance space with a stage for concerts, performances, speakers, etc.
- 95,000-105,000 square-foot building.
- Welcoming "front door" entry.
- Designed to mimic East Helena's community: composed of four small community learning pods, and connected to a larger community.
The program and design of the new high school has involved the community in various capacities throughout. The School Board, District, and other stakeholders in the community have driven a design the focuses on what East Helena's students and community needs, is informed by the surroundings, economical in design, and is efficient to operate.