East of England pro-European Network
What is this website?
This site is one of a set of sites intended to cover the whole of the UK (index page) to help you find and work with the relevant pro-Europe groups in your area. So it is part of UKPEN.eu. You can navigate to your area using the drop-down menus at the top right (PC) or top left (mobile devices). Please send any comments or requests for editing permissions to eeproeurnet at gmail.com
Please see dropdown menus to access the region at the top right of the screen (bars on mobile devices).
What is it for?
The idea behind this work is that we need to see who we are, where we are and who our neighbours are. This is essential to plug the gaps in our network and to be ready for any new chance to vote. The constituency pages (there's a provisional example of a relatively well filled out constituency page here, Aberconwy (example in EE to follow)) are supposed to help everyone get to grips with
- the important task of corresponding with MPs to make our wishes and feelings known. You can get help doing this either through the national campaigns Represent Us, and Best for Britain, or by plugging in to their targeted operations in particular constituencies, and throughout constituencies in this part of the UK.
- developing maps right down to ward level to help activists cover their streets with leaflets and door to door conversations, and to keep a log of where they have been and where they have not been, whichever organisation or group they are working for. These resources can be held off this site, but the more linked up they are here, the more they can be shared across different groups working in the same area.
How do I use it?
To find what constituency you live in use this tool: https://mapit.mysociety.org/. The constituency index page lists the constituencies alphabetically and by area. It can be used to navigate through to area and individual constituency pages. There are also links to lists on spreadsheets which can be used to help divide up the task of posting messages and news on all the Facebook groups throughout the region. Join your constituency group and start work for Europe! Join your national or area group to take part in events and discussions. The main national or area groups in the East of England are listed belows, for more local groups follow the links to sub-pages.
To get alerts on your MP's activity in Westminster use "They work for you" https://www.theyworkforyou.com/alert/
In East of England there are:
Five counties, and 57 Westminster constituencies, organised here in two areas (like Best for Britain's - whose maps for each area, extracted from this map, are used on this page ). Numbers in brackets are group member numbers as of Jan 2018 unless otherwise specified:
- CAMBRIDGESHIRE (and the Peterborough Unitary Authority)
- Cambridge Stays: https://www.facebook.com/cambridgestays/ ; https://www.facebook.com/cambridgestays/ https://twitter.com/cambridge_stays; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ely for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElyForEurope/ (137); https://www.facebook.com/ElyforEurope/
- Open Britain Peterborough: https://www.facebook.com/OpenPeterborough/
- St Neots and Huntingdon People's Vote: https://www.facebook.com/stneotshuntingdonpeoplesvote/ (Huntingdon)
- ESSEX (and the Thurrock and Southend Unitary Authorities)
- Essex for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EssexForEurope/; https://www.facebook.com/EssexForEurope/
- Essex Youth for Europe: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1680075545601393/
- Open Britain Brentwood: https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodOB (19 followers)
- People's Vote in Uttlesford: https://www.facebook.com/peoplesvoteuttlesford/ (Saffron Walden)
- Watford and SW Herts Anti-Brexit The 48% we are all humans, all immigrants: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AntiBrexitSWHerts/
& the Bedfordshire Unitary authorities:
For identifying the other groups there is one of a series of 48% index groups in a closed group here:
- The 48% - East Groups Index: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660492234131129/
Its "sister" news and discussion group (to keep such items off the index) is here:
- The 48% - East of England Groups Discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1907669752841656/
1: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (also includes Northhamptonshire which is in the East MIdlands region)
7: "East Anglia", that is, Suffolk and Norfolk