Collaborations and Outreach
Kevin Kroger (USGS Woods Hole); Jianwu Tang (Marine Biological Lab/Brown Univ.); Serena Moseman-Valtierra (Univ. of Rhode Island); Stephen Emmett-Mattox (Restore America’s Estuary); Mark Green (Plymouth State Univ., NH); Ruth Yanai (SUNY ESF); Arindam Chowdhury (FIU); Gail Hollander (FIU); Kenneth Feeley (FIU); Shahid Hamid (FIU); Keqi Zhang (FIU); Shaolei Ren (FIU); S.S. Iyengar (FIU); Sartaj Sahni (Univ. of Florida); My Thai (Univ. of Florida); Manhar Dhanak (Florida Atlantic Univ., FAU); P. Ananthakrishnan (FAU); John Callaway (Univ. of San Francisco); Jim Morris (Univ. of South Carolina); Patrick Megonigal (Smithsonian Institution, DC); Richard Ambrose (Univ. of California, LA); Nathan Mantua (NOAA Fisheries, CA); Katherine W. Myers (Univ. of Washington, Seattle); Efi Foufoula-Georgiou (Univ. of Minnesota); Shuguang Liu (USGS EROS); Don H. Burn (Univ. of Waterloo, Canada); Randall Peterman (Simon Fraser University, Canada).
- Member: American Geophysical Union, 2007 – present; American Society of Civil Engineers, 2006 – present; Ecological Society of America, 2007 – present; American Ecological Engineering Society (AEES), 2014 – present.
- Member: (I) EWRI Wetland Hydrology Technical Committee (WHTC), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 2015 - present; (II) Water Quality Technical Committee, American Geophysical Union (AGU), 2016 - present.
- Invited Panel Member of the Selection Committee for the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department’s Capital Improvement Plan Projects 2013, 2014.
- Convener, Chair, and Award Liaison, “B11G (Oral session), B12A (Oral session), and B13A (Poster session): Coastal Blue Carbon: Recent Advances in Measurement and Modeling I-III.” American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting 2016, San Francisco, CA, December 11-16. (Co-conveners: Jianwu Tang, Ph.D., Marine Biological Lab, MA; Lisamarie Windham-Myers, Ph.D., USGS Menlo Park, CA; Kevin Kroeger, Ph.D., USGS Woods Hole, MA).
- Lead Convener, Chair, and Award Liaison, “B21H (Poster session): Wetland Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Fluxes and Carbon Sequestration under a Changing Climate, Sea Level, and Environment Posters.” American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting 2015, San Francisco, CA, December 14-18. (Co-convener: Jianwu Tang, Ph.D., Marine Biological Lab, MA).
- Lead Convener, Chair, and Award Liaison, “B31I (Oral session) and B41D (Poster session): Carbon Sequestration and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Fluxes from Wetland Ecosystems: Implications for Climate Change, Coastal Management, and Adaptation I-II.” American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting 2014, San Francisco, CA, December 15-19. (Co-convener: Jianwu Tang, Ph.D., Marine Biological Lab, MA).
- Reviewer: NSF Proposal Review Process: Environmental Sustainability CAREER Panel, Hydrologic Sciences, Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences, Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (EAR-PRF). Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences (AGU), Water Resources Research (AGU), Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management (ASCE), Natural Hazards Review (ASCE), Journal of Hydrologic Engineering (ASCE), Ecological Indicators (Elsevier), Ecological Engineering (Elsevier), Water Research (Elsevier), Ecological Modelling (Elsevier), Journal of Environmental Management (Elsevier), Applied Water Science (Springer), Environmental Management (Springer), Urban Water Journal (Taylor and Francis), Neural Computing and Applications (Springer), Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology (American Meteorological Society).
- Participant and lecturer for the WVU Engineering Expo Summer Camp, the High School STEM camp in the Morgantown region.
- Mentor and collaborator for the Miami Northwestern Senior High School teachers/students, sharing cutting-edge research with the high school students to promote STEM career through an integration of research and education.
- Guest lecturer for the MIAMI PREP Summer Program, one of the best K-12 STEM camps in the south Florida region.
- Invited member of the ‘Tidal wetland carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emissions model’ working group of the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS), University of California, Santa Barbara, 2010-2011.
- Invited member of the ‘Reader Advisory Panel’ of NATURE, 2008-2010.
- Organizer: Fall 2006 and Fall 2007 seminar series at the Saint Anthony Falls Laboratory. Responsible for planning, inviting and communicating with the speakers, and maintaining the seminar schedules.