East Allegheny STEM Club
Welcome to the East Allegheny STEM Club!
Join us as we explore the world of science, technology, engineering and math!
First meeting will be September 13 after school in Room 115.
Sign up with Mrs. Sippey in Room 115 or Mrs. Spallone in Room 222.
Please complete and submit the Google form below if you are interested in a STEM club shirt.
Upcoming STEM club meeting dates and information:
- Jan 19 Guest speaker -- Brian Colonna -- Google and Code Breakers (escape room) in room 222
- Jan 26 meeting - Coding with Scratch
- Feb 2 meeting -- Coding with Scratch
- Feb 9 Guest speaker -- Chad Bender -- Information systems at Comcast (rescheduled from Jan 12)
- Feb 26 Guest speaker -- Carina Guinto -- architecture
- March 9 Guest speaker -- engineering
- March 23 (rescheduled from March12) Guest speaker -- Cassandra Ward -- RMU, actuarial science
- March 14 meeting - Pi Day (math activities)
- March 26 -- Field trip -- Swanson School of Engineering
- April 25 meeting - marble run
- May 4 -- bristle bots and junk bots
- May 10 -- speaker -- Dr. Wong
- May 17 -- Field trip -- Intel International Science and Engineering Fair
- May 25 -- robotics - BotsIQ
Robotics information from Amp'd (evening program at McKeesport High School)
Interested in biomedical research? Visit The BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at The University of Pittsburgh Registration, Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Chain Reaction Contraption Contest
General Meeting - Dec 11 - room 115
Guest speaker -- Dec 5 room 222 - cytology
Guest speaker -- Nov 17 room 115 -- Laura Branby (Allegheny College/Creek connections) and Cortney Carr (Robert Morris University Intern)
Meeting on Monday Nov 6 in room 115 -- chance to learn about the kits we have available.
SCITECH DAYS PERMISSION FORM-- DUE MONDAY OCT 30
Second meeting: Sept 26 in room 115
October 23 meeting -- Punkin' chunkin' contest
November 17 Guest Speaker -- Laura Branby and Courtney - Allegheny College Creek Connections
Sign up for the STEM club remind. See directions below. Also if you did not complete the student information sheet, please see Ms. Sippey, Mrs. Spallone or print from below.
What is your STEM type? Use the link to the right to take an online quiz to give you an idea of what careers meet your interests.
Links to resources that are STEM related:
Admission to the two Carnegie Museums, which share a single admission charge, will be free on the third Sunday of the month—for four months—starting August 20. The Jack Buncher Foundation is sponsoring the first free Sunday on August 20, and UPMC Health Plan is the sponsor of free Sundays on September 17, October 15, and November 19.
Interested in Engineering? Be an Engineer program at CMU Sunday Oct 8 (9am-1pm) Free! Pre-registration required.