COVID-19 and your Appointments
We have been diligently working towards putting all of the necessary safety precautions and protocols in place in preparation for the green light from the Ontario government and our professional organization.
If you’re a new client, please reach out to us and schedule a pre-screening appointment at 905-725-8359. You will be screened over the phone and booked accordingly.
Durham Physiotherapy Clinic Protocols
We have adopted measures recommended by our professional organizations (College of Physiotherapists of Ontario) and Ontario Public Health. We have also completed a full risk assessment of our clinic and have come up with stringent health and safety protocols.
Social Distancing & Personal Protection
· The waiting room has been rearranged and clearly marked to observe two-metre social distancing
· Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk
· Appointment times are staggered to ensure everyone can maintain two-metres physical distancing.
· There will be a maximum number of people permitted in the building at one time.
· We are emailing consent and intake forms when possible.
· Signage throughout the clinic reminding people to keep safe physical distancing – two metres while in clinic
· All of our staff will have appropriate Protective Personal Equipment including: mask and/or face shield.
· All patients to wear face masks in the clinic
· We are conducting virtual care and rehabilitation
We offer contactless payment options
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
· We have strict protocols for hand washing and hand sanitizing. Patients must wash and disinfect their hands before entering and again before leaving the clinic
· All fabric surfaces is sprayed and disinfected after each client
· Cleaning protocols include regular and frequent disinfecting of common areas and high-use surfaces after every client or staff contact
· We have hand sanitizers in each room and in all open areas for use
· We change the treatment table linens (sheets, pillow cases, towels, exam table paper) and sanitize each table or equipment after each appointment
· To further protect our patients and staff, we are asking patients to bring in their own exercise equipment (resistance bands/tubes, etc)if possible
A two-step screening protocol will be implemented before you enter the clinic – including a passive screen over the telephone and an active screening at the door to the clinic. You will be required to sign a screening form and waiver before any treatment.
If you are experiencing any respiratory or flu-like symptoms or have travelled to any areas where the Coronavirus is spreading, we would ask that you wait a period of 14 days before coming to an appointment. Please call us and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment.
· We are asking all clients to please wear their own face masks during treatment sessions.
· If you do not have a mask, we will help you source one.
· Please wash or disinfect your hands upon entering the clinic and again before you leave.
· We are asking patients to arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior for curb side check in, so your appointment will not be disrupted for its duration.