Hall History
Built in 1851, the Hall originally served as home to Dunton Green School up until the present school's opening in 1910.
The building was donated to the village by the Wreford family and has been under the care of many volunteers over the years, collectively known as the Dunton Green Village Hall Committee.
The Hall has served as multiple facilities through the decades, such as a library, a temporary hospital, a host to WI meetings, a bingo hall, a baby clinic and a polling station.
Funding
Being a non-profit organisation, the cost of running the Hall is primarily covered by the Hire fees, however, thanks to local residents, there have also been successful donation fund-raisers held.
Facilities
The Hall is wheelchair accessible and has three toilets, including one for disabled people. There is also a baby changing area. There are plenty of chairs and tables available, as well as a fully-equipped kitchen. We also have free Wi-Fi.
The Committee
The Dunton Green Village Hall Committee is currently run by a small volunteer group of four people who care considerably for the future of the building. With limited time and funds, we have been slowly working on rennovating the Hall into the modern age while still retaining its historical charm.