Designing Digital Assignments
Are you thinking of adding a digital element to an assignment or project? Technology can enhance or hinder learning so this site provides strategies to help save yourself and your students frustration.
- Describe the characteristics of a digital assignment based on principles of learning.
- Identify various types of digital assignments that are linked to a specific learning outcome.
- Create an outline and strategy for a digital assignment that is linked to a specific outcome in one of your subjects.
F2F workshop agenda:
- Definition and why digital?
- Break into pairs and evaluate an assignment with design issues.
- Overview of design tips and template.
- Overview of ideas for digital assignments.
- Break into pairs and compare different types of digital assignments (short video vs. long video vs. website).
- Use the design template to design a new digital assignment or convert an existing non-digital, text-based assignment.