Students should read and review a scientific article or research paper related to integrated circuit fabrication. The paper should be selected from reputed journals like AJP, IOP, Elsevier, Sciencedirect, Wiley, IEEE etc.
Last date for submission of review write-up of maximum 4 pages is April 25 2014 by 5PM
Some suggested papers are given below.
- Synthesis of SiGe layered structure in single crystalline Ge substrate by low energy Si ion implantation, Vacuum, Volume 101, March 2014, Pages 387-393 S.A. Mollick, D. Ghose, S.R. Bhattacharyya, S. Bhunia, N.R. Ray, M. Ranjan
- Novel Si ion implantation technique for improving the radiation hardness of SOI pseudo-MOS transistor,Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Volume 319, 15 January 2014, Pages 141-145
- Strain engineering of ultra-thin silicon-on-insulator structures using through-buried-oxide ion implantation and crystallization, Yinjie Ding a, Ran Cheng a, Qian Zhou a, Anyan Du b, Nicolas Daval c, Bich-Yen Nguyen c, Yee-Chia Yeo
- Carrier lifetime versus ion-implantation dose in silicon on sapphire, F. E. Doany1, D. Grischkowsky1 and C.-C. Chi1, Appl. Phys. Lett. 50, 460 (1987); http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.98173
- Surface softening in silicon by ion implantation, P. J. Burnett, T. F. Page, Journal of Materials Science March 1984, Volume 19, Issue 3, pp 845-860
- Germanium negative-ion implantation into SiO2 layer on Si: Photoluminescence properties and oxidation state of Ge atoms in subsequent heat treatment Original Research Article, Surface and Coatings Technology, Volume 206, Issue 5, 25 November 2011, Pages 785-788, Hiroshi Tsuji, Nobutoshi Arai, Masashi Hattori, Masayuki Ohsaki, Yasuhito Gotoh, Junzo Ishikawa
- Surface modification by negative-ion implantation, Junzo Ishikawa, Hiroshi Tsuji, Yasuhito Gotoh, Department of Electronic Science and Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyotodaigaku-Katsura, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8510, Japan
- SiO2 etch rate modification by ion implantation E. Bell, V. Soncini
- Implantation defects and n-type doping in Ge and Ge rich SiGe,A.R. Peakera,V.P. Markevicha, B. Hamiltona, I.D. Hawkinsa, J. Slotteb, K. Kuitunenb, F.Tuomistob, A. Sattac, E. Simoenc, N.V. Abrosimovd
- Fabrication of high quality SiGe relaxed thin layers by ion implantation technique with Ar, Si and Ge ions, K. Sawanoa, A. Fukumotoa, Y. Hoshia, J. Yamanakab, K. Nakagawab, Y. Shirakia
- Molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) growth of nitride semiconductors,Q.-D. Zhuang
- Thermal stability of epitaxial Fe films grown on Si substrates by molecular beam epitaxy,Yanping Wei, Cunxu Gao, Chunhui Dong, Zhikun Ma, Jiangong Li, Desheng Xue
- Single- and bi-layer graphene grown on sapphire by molecular beam epitaxy, Sheng Wanga, Lara Fernandes dos Santosb, c, Ulrich Wurstbauerb, Lei Wangd, Loren N. Pfeiffere, James Honed, Jorge M. Garciab, f, Aron Pinczuka
- Investigation of microstructure and morphology for the Ge on porous silicon/Si substrate hetero-structure obtained by molecular beam epitaxy, Thin Solid Films, Volume 550, 1 January 2014, Pages 233-238,S. Gouder, R. Mahamdi, M. Aouassa, S. Escoubas, L. Favre, A. Ronda, I. Berbezier
- Growth and stuctural characterization of InGaN layers with controlled In content prepared by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy , Thin Solid Films, Volume 546, 1 November 2013, Pages 42-47, Eun-Jung Shin, Se-Hwan Lim, Myoungho Jeong, Dong Seok Lim, Seok Kyu Han, Hyo Sung Lee, Soon-Ku Hong, Jeong Yong Lee, Takafumi Yao
- Growth of Ga- and N-polar GaN layers on O face ZnO substrates by molecular beam epitaxy, Y. Xiaa, b, J. Braulta, P. Vennéguèsa, M. Nemoza, M. Teisseirea, M. Lerouxa, J.-M. Chauveaua.
- InGaP solar cells fabricated using solid-source molecular beam epitaxy Journal of Crystal Growth, Volume 378, 1 September 2013, Pages 576-578 T. Sugaya, A. Takeda, R. Oshima, K. Matsubara, S. Niki, Y. Okano
- The study of self-assembled ZnO nanorods grown on Si(111) by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy Journal of Crystal Growth, Volume 378, 1 September 2013, Pages 466-469 A.J. Tzou, K.F. Chien, H.Y. Lai, J.T. Ku, L. Lee, W.C. Fan, W.C. Chou
- High-quality epitaxial Si growth at low temperatures by atmospheric pressure plasma CVD K. Yasutake, H. Ohmi, Y. Kirihata, H. Kakiuchi
- Electrical characteristics of thermal CVD B-doped Si films on highly strained Si epitaxially grown on Ge(100) by plasma CVD without substrate heating, Katsutoshi Sugawara, Masao Sakuraba, Junichi Murota
- High-quality epitaxial Si growth at low temperatures by atmospheric pressure plasma CVD, K. Yasutake, H. Ohmi, Y. Kirihata, H. Kakiuchi
- High-rate growth of epitaxial silicon at low temperatures (530–690 °C) by atmospheric pressure plasma chemical vapor deposition
- Adsorption and diffusion of atoms on the Si(335)–Au surface Agata Podsiadly-Paszkowska, Mariusz Krawiec
- High Growth Rate of Epitaxial Silicon-Carbon Alloys by High-Order Silane Precursor and Chemical Vapor Deposition, Chung, K.H. ; Dept. of Electr. Eng., Princeton Univ., NJ ; Sturm, J.C. ; Sanchez, E. ; Kuppurao, S, SiGe Technology and Device Meeting, 2006. ISTDM 2006. Third International
- A high-throughput silicon epitaxy system for photovoltaic application, Jianming Fu Sierra Solar Power, Inc., Fremont, CA, USA, Rozenzon, Y. ; Peijun Ding ; Anderson, R. ; Trujillo, R. ; Beese, S. ; Chen, D.Z. ; Chung, B. ; Hu, H. ; Ginzburg, L. ; Mandelboym, M. ; Jinsong Tang ; Chentao Yu ; Heng, B. ; Guanghua Song ; Zheng Xu, Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), 2010 35th IEEE
- Electron Beam Lithography in Nanoscale Fabrication:Recent Development, Ampere A. Tseng, Kuan Chen, Chii D. Chen, and Kung J. Ma
- Electron beam lithography of HSQ/PMMA bilayer resistsfor negative tone lift-off process, Haifang Yang a,*, Aizi Jin a, Qiang Luo a, Junjie Li a, Changzhi Gua, Zheng Cui b.
- A lift-off process for high resolution patterns using PMMA/LOR resist stack Yifang Chen a,*, Kaiwu Peng b, Zheng Cui a