2019 Capital of Texas Undergraduate Research Conference
Hosted at The University of Texas at Austin
November 16, 2019
2019 REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
A Message From Texas Governor Greg Abbott
2019 Official Abstract Booklet:
Who Are We?
The Capital of Texas Undergraduate Research Conference (CTURC) is a student organized and run event hosted at The University of Texas at Austin. Volunteers from three student organizations at the University (The Senate of College Councils – Undergraduate Research Committee, Research Student Advisory Council, and The Texas Undergraduate Research Journal), work together to organize and host the conference.
CTURC allows undergraduate researchers, from all majors and universities in Texas, to present their original research. The three different presentation styles are Poster Presentation, Oral Google Slides Presentation and Oral Presentation of Creative Works.
Our Mission: To provide a collaborative interdisciplinary environment that increases visibility and promotes the importance of undergraduate research across the state of Texas.
The are many undergraduate conferences, so why pick CTURC?
- WE are the future of Texas Research!!
- Expand your social scientific network.
- Develop your presentation skills.
- Build transferable skills.
- Present your research to a research-oriented audience.
- Exchange information about your research with students from across Texas.
- Learn to advocate for and defend your work.
- Gain experience for graduate school.
- Learn from each other and get inspired to change the world.
2018 Message from
Texas Senator, Dr. Dawn Buckingham
Senator Dawn Buckingham addressed the 2018 CTURC attendees via this video message.
"This first of its kind conference in Texas is both impressive and its needed. Providing you with this academic research opportunity to present your research findings at a Tier One University is an educational benefit many of your peers will never enjoy."
Senator Dawn Buckingham