Uniforms and Handbooks
We expect all scouts to have:
A Cub scout handbook
- The handbook your child(ren) needs also varies by level (see chart below)
- The handbook is available as a spiral or bound book, the spiral is easier to use, but probably not as durable. Your choice.
Cub Scout Uniform
- Blue shirt with patches, neckerchief, and neckerchief slide for Wolf through Webelos (1st - 5th graders)
- The only difference in uniforms by level is by the color of the neckerchiefs (see chart below)
- For Kindergartner Lions, there is only a t-shirt and hat, which are sold together.
- There is information in the handbook about where the patches are to be sewn.
- Hats are optional
More information on uniforms can be found at https://bsauniforms.org/)
Where to buy handbooks and uniforms:
Northern New Jersey Council Offices
25 Ramapo Valley Rd, Oakland, NJ 07436, 201-677-1000
- Open 9-5 Monday - Friday and 9 - 2 pm on Saturday.
Camp Alpine Scout store
441 US Highway 9W, Alpine, NJ 07620 212-651-2467
- Monday through Thursday - 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday - 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday - 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Sunday - 8:00am - 3:00pm
835 Route 17 South, Ramsey, NJ 07446 (201) 327-8141
- Monday - Saturday: 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM
- Sunday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM