The Create Accessibility Challenge took place during April 2017 and included short daily prompts with tips and tutorials challenging users to improve the accessibility of their GSuite digital content and encourage their students to do the same. Participants were encouraged to share their reflections and learning via a weekly blog post.
How do I join?
Do I have to participate daily?
Not at all! Jump in and out of the challenge at it makes sense for your teaching context. This is an inclusive challenge designed to improve the accessibility of digital materials. Even the smallest changes makes a big difference making things accessible.
- Day 1: Find and Display Closed Captioned Content
- Day 2: Create a Closed Captioned Playlist
- Day 3: Caption YouTube Video by Uploading a Transcript
- Day 4: Caption Google Drive Video by Uploading a Transcript
- Day 5: Apple Clips with Live Titles
- Day 6: Open Captioning in YouTube
- Day 7: Week 1 Reflection
- Day 8: Transcribe & Autosync Captions in YouTube
- Day 9: Using Caption Creator for Google Drive
- Day 10: Voice Typing, Google Slides, Transcripts & Captions!
- Day 11: Edit Existing Captions in YouTube
- Day 12: Create a video "playlist" in Google Slides
- Day 13: Turbonote: View YouTube Video & Transcript Side-by-Side
- Day 14: Week 2 Reflection: There is No Pixie Dust
- Day 15: Fonts
- Day 16: Headings and Other Accessibility Features
- Day 17: Color Contrast: A Tale of Two Signs
- Day 18: Creating Accessible Hyperlinks
- Day 19: Add Alt Text to Google Sites