Closed Captioning For Google Drive
Google Drive offers a great solution for hosting accessible video content. It doesn't matter where the video content was created, it can be downloaded to Drive and captions added there. This is a great solution in environments where YouTube is blocked and when using different video creation platforms that do not offer a captioning solution.
You must have a transcript to upload to Google Drive. There are several options for creating a transcript.
How to Upload Caption Transcript to Google Drive
- Locate Video in your Google Drive (you must be the owner of video)
- Right Click on Video
- Choose Manage Caption Tracks
- Choose Language of Captions & Upload Caption File in .txt file format
- Wait for the captions to auto-sync. This will take longer depending on the length of your video.
- Enjoy Closed Captioned Video!