CRAFT Shared Tasks 2019
Integrated Structure, Semantics, and Coreference
CRAFT Shared Tasks at BioNLP-OST 2019
Hosted as part of the BioNLP Open Shared Tasks, the CRAFT Shared Tasks of 2019 will be the first ever shared tasks to use the diverse annotation types made available by CRAFT spanning structure, semantics, and coreference.
Three separate tasks will be offered as part of CRAFT-ST 2019.
- Concept Annotation Task (CRAFT-CA)
- Structural Annotation Task (CRAFT-SA)
- Coreference Resolution Task (CRAFT-CR)
Introduction to the CRAFT corpus
The Colorado Richly Annotated Full Text (CRAFT) corpus consists of 97 full text journal articles selected from the Mouse Genome Informatics curation pipeline. These articles were manually annotated for a wide variety of language phenomena. Structural markup includes sentence segmentation, tokenization, part-of-speech tags, grammatical dependency, treebanking, document section boundaries and typography (e.g., italics, boldface, subscript, superscript). For coreference, the corpus has been annotated with nominal coreference relations, including identity and appositives, for all coreferring base noun phrases. Semantic markup includes all mentions of concepts explicitly represented in ten Open Biomedical Ontologies (OBOs) in these articles have been identified and mapped (“normalized”) to specific classes from the three Gene Ontology hierarchies, Chemical Entities of Biomedical Interest ontology, Molecular Process Ontology, NCBI Taxonomy, Protein Ontology, Sequence Ontology and the Uberon anatomical ontology as well as to a set of extension classes defined as logical combinations of proper OBO classes.
Development data: CRAFT v3.1.3 -- annotations for 67 articles that have been released publicly.
Evaluation data: annotations for 30 articles that have not been previously released
- Development Data: CRAFT v3.1.3
- April 1: Registration Opens
- May 15: Evaluation scripts released
- July 16-22: Test data released/evaluation period
- August 19: Workshop paper submission
- September 16: Notification of paper acceptance
- September 30: Camera-ready paper submission deadline
- Nov 3 or 4: BioNLP-OST workshop (Hong Kong)
- For general questions and to stay informed regarding task updates, please join the CRAFT Shared Task Q&A Forum.
- To contact the task organizers directly, please email: email@example.com
- Larry Hunter
- Bill Baumgartner
- Mike Bada
- Kevin Cohen
- Karin Verspoor
- Michael Regan