In order to assure a safe and stable home for children and youth in foster care, all providers must meet the following requirements:
- Foster parents may be legally married couples or single individuals (aged 21 or older). Couples who are not legally married are unable to be licensed.
- Foster parents must be US citizens or legal residents.
- Foster parents and all persons aged 18 and older in the home must pass background checks.
- Foster parents need to be financially stable and able to support their family without assistance from the state.
- Foster parents need to be healthy enough to care for children, as determined by their own medical provider.
- Foster parents will not be licensed to do both foster care and day care at the same time.
While Foster parents can be homeowners or renters. Your home needs to be clean, in good repair, and free from health and fire hazards. It also needs to have enough room for any children you intend to foster. For more details about the physical environment, please contact us.
If you have any questions about whether you or your home qualify, contact us or fill out the form below.