Founded in 1981, the Chinese-American Chemical Society (CACS) is a nonprofit, professional organization and has neither national nor regional political affiliation . Membership is open to professionals and students in chemistry, chemical engineering, and related fields, and to individuals and corporations supporting the objectives of the society. Currently, CACS has 3 local chapters in North America.
- Promote fellowship among Chinese American chemists, chemical engineers, and those working in related profession.
- Enhance communication and professional interaction among members. Provide a forum for the discussion of issues of mutual interest and concern.
- Create opportunities for members to share professional experiences and to participate in joint research and business ventures.
- Provide a network for mutual professional enhancement and career development.
- Provide career counseling for young people, particularly those interested in the scientific and engineering careers.
- Encourage scholarly achievements in chemistry and chemical engineering, and recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the science of chemistry, to chemical engineering, and to the service of the chemical profession.
- Facilitate interactions between CACS and other scientific organizations and communities.
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
2019 President: Professor Nien-hwa Linda Wang, Purdue University, firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 President-elect: Dr. Fanwen Zeng, Dow Chemical, email@example.com
2020 President-elect: Dr. Lei Li, University of Pittsburgh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Past President: Dr. Mark Yueqian Zhen of Valent BioSciences, MarkYZhen@yahoo.com
Past President: Dr. Pengfei Chen of UOP LLC, Pengfei.email@example.com
Treasurer: Dr. Chu-An Chang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairman of the Board: Dr. Marinda Wu, email@example.com
Directors of the Board (in alphabetical order):
Lin Li, firstname.lastname@example.org (Immediate Past Chairman)
Chu-An Chang, email@example.com
Kristine Chin, firstname.lastname@example.org
L.S. Fan, email@example.com
Winston S. Ho, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaw Huang, email@example.com
Yinlun Huang firstname.lastname@example.org
Norman Li, email@example.com
Ralph Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lubo Zhou, Lubo Zhou@honeywell.com
Frank Zhu, email@example.com